Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

The AMT 1955 Chevy Cameo (correct cab?)

When AMT first brought out the 1955 Chevy Cameo the door window openings were incorrect*. Then AMT released a 1957 Chevy pickup. The 1:1 cabs are identical and the AMT '57 had the correct window openings. So to build a correct '55 model, we needed to buy the '57 kit just for the cab. In my first trip into a hobby shop in a long time today I spotted a new release of AMT's 1955 Cameo. The box art shows a built model-with what looks like the correct window openings. Has AMT replaced the incorrect "1955" cab with the correct "1957' cab?

*The bottom and top should be parallel. The kit had the bottom higher in the front-not parallel to the top.

Tracy

While the door windows were corrected, the cab is still not 100% correct. The windsheild is not correct. It should have a Cadet Peak at the top of the roof, with the windsheild set back about 2" from the edge, rather than flush as the kit is made. This pic of my 1:1 '55 3204 shows how it should look. 100_1255.jpg

• 8 years later...

Looks like one of the die-cast soda/pop machines and dolly from the previous '50 Chevy kit might be making a reappearance in this reissue of the AMT '55 Chevy Cameo pickup:

AMT10941955CameoCocaCola.thumb.jpg.34e5710f40efb98e450429f6124e0c64.jpg

I forgot the AMT '55 Cameo was one of Round2's first releases back in 2009, in a builds-stock-only version:

amt55cameo2009.jpg.c2479a088a4d7bfea81e6ea7811ee213.jpg

Edited by Casey

• 8 months later...