Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don "The Snake" Prudhomme Retires..!

I guess this is off topic but I didn't know where else to post it...

In the beginning I wasn't much of a Prudhomme fan BUT I've gotta say, "WHAT A CAREER" this guy's had..! He won me over finally when he teamed Larry Dixon with Dick La Haie, still this guy has helped write drag race history. Like him or not, you simply can't argue with that kind of success! For the full story;

http://www.nhra.com/story/2010/1/7/prudhomme-announces-retirement-from-drag-racing/

If you have any Don Prudhomme stories & or photos or "Snake" models built that you'd like to honor him & us with, please post them below...

PS - For all you schemers & dreamers out there, this means that Dick La Haie trained crew chief Donnie Bender is looking for work, any takers..?

Thank You,

Hizoot

Edited by Hizoot

I met Don Prudhomme at O.C.I.R. when I was 12. I was walking around the pits wearing a very old Prudhomme T-shirt I got when I was 9. I was looking at Army fliers at his pit, when I heard someone say "Pssst, Hey kid..." I looked over and saw him sitting on the back of his trailer. He asked me how long I had the T-shirt. Before I could answer, told me to come over. I walked over and he reached into a box, and pulled out a team shirt(not like the shirts you got at the concession stand), and then he handed me a Cam2 T-shirt as well. I was astounded! I immediately changed shirts, and went to my step Dad and told him what happened. I gave my step Dad the Cam2 shirt. I wore that shirt almost everyday, and wore it out. I was so thrilled with his generosity. I'd like to send him a thank you note to let him know how much I appreciated it...:D

You're correct in that Don Hasn't driven since the end off 1995. But in 1996 he put Larry Dixon in the drivers seat & became a team owner. What the BIG question realy was about is not $$$, Don hassponcorship oppertunities. It was about racing in the 50th Winternationals next month as Don won that (his 1st) back in 1965.

Hizoot