Model Cars Magazine Forum

'06 Magnum SRT Wagon Project (Finished - 3/8/10)

Mooneyzs

I like the color on the magnum.

I like your little mini school bus too. I think those Xb's look pretty good when tricked out tastefully. Which yours is.

Thanks Wheelman for the nice comments. I have actually picked up a Tamiya bB kit which is what they call it in Japan and here in the US it is the xB. But I am planning on building it just like mine, even picked up some carbon fiber decals for the hood.

Thanks Bowtie.... Yea I have always been a big fan of Chevelle's and El Camino's. actually never thought I'd own a tuner but there was something that grabbed my attention to the Scion xB and then I wanted one. Plus at the time it was what I could afford and had plenty of space.

Ok couple more teaser shots of the Magnum. Earlier today I had to toss the body onto the chassis to see how it looked with the wheels and stance...

PlasticModels359.jpg

PlasticModels363.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Holy PopCorn Batman..

Ya got some really nice 1:1 Rides too.. :D

xB looks Great.

The El Camino looks unreal.

Me thinks I need to get some American Muscle back in my stables..

Naaaa,I can't afford the tickets or the fuel. :D

Crud, I wish I kept my first car (69 GTX)n

Naaaa,I couldn't afford the tickets or the fuel either. :D;)

Besides, It could't stop or corner worth a darn but in a straight line it was Golden..

Magnum looks good too. :D

Those wheels look right at home on it..

Paul...the paint is an '06 Chrysler color called Silver Steel. Paint code is DA4

09WNS....Thanks bud, Cheers

Zukiholic....Thanks! I know what you mean with the fuel cost...lol I would actually love to get another 1:1 project but I just can't afford it at the moment. I would love to get an early 60 Chevy Wagon....Bel Air, Impala, Chevelle and bag it and have it lay frame :rolleyes:

Ok So I have been working little more on this project the past few days, getting the body close to being completed. I was able to get all of the glass installed as well as the head lights and tail lights. The only thing I really have left with the body is paint the mirrors and as well black out the grill, which I hope to get to the grill today and since its raining here today, I won't be able to paint the mirrors. Here are a few more pics of the body.....

PlasticModels389.jpg

PlasticModels390.jpg

PlasticModels394.jpg

PlasticModels396.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Guest Sickfish

Great work here Chris!! I built my 06 nearly the exact same way back when the kit was released in 06. Next time though i'll cut out the moulded in grill & replace it with mesh, for a more realistic look. Have you though about doing that, or is it too late??

06magnum1.jpg

Cheer's Cliff!

Great work here Chris!! I built my 06 nearly the exact same way back when the kit was released in 06. Next time though i'll cut out the moulded in grill & replace it with mesh, for a more realistic look. Have you though about doing that, or is it too late??

06magnum1.jpg

Cheer's Cliff!

Cliff Thank you for the compliments on my wagon, your wagon looks great, I like the color combo you chose. You know I was looking at the grill yesterday and though to myself that I sould have sanded the back and drilled thru the grill so you could see thru it. I never thought about cutting it out and replacing it wish mesh..... that would look great. It"s a little too late for me to do that now. and then the other thing I wish I could of done on the headlights was taped out the lights and painted part of the chrome black for a different look. It's all good though, I am happy with how this is turning out so far.

Maybe I should of smoked the tail lights. that would of looked good as well :lol:

was able to get the grill painted little earlier. Debating if I want to go back and touch it up a little more......

PlasticModels399.jpg

Edited by Mooneyzs

Thats coming along very nicely my friend! Your making me want to get one of these :lol:

Do it man! :D This is one of Revell's better efforts! Not that any of the other new tools are bad---------but this one goes together very well without much drama! ;)

Edited by MrObsessive

that El Camino looks amazing man i love the color up were am from u see one once and while witch is sad and btw the i love your dog in that one pic man. your build looks great cant wait to see it done those wheels are nice how much you get them for

Blake.... thanks on the compliments. Yep my Boxer is my boy for sure....he follows me everywhere and he thinks he's a lap dog lol. I think I paid around $10 bucks for those wheels on the Magnum from a local hobby shop here in phoenix.

Just kidding, heres mine

SRT10Magnum016.jpg

Clay.... you wagon looks great. do have to say that you fooled me with the first pic.... :huh: I was like cool 4x4 magnum.... never seen one like that before haha

I have just about finished this build other than I am having a dilemma on which License plate to use from the decals....lol 

PlasticModels431.jpg

Once I get the License plate on and thinking of adding a photo etch license plate frame, I will take some new pics and post them in the Underglass section. thanks for looking everyone

Edited by Mooneyzs