Model Cars Magazine Forum

1994 Ford F-150

nails3825

l_d8f0778f2f8242529053f74d3b906629.jpg

What started off as a "quick restore" ended up being a time consuming project... I took everything apart, repainted every piece and added a few minor details ~ it turned out better than I expected it to. The color as you can see in the above photo was the same as the '66 Nova I posted a few days ago... mainly, that is the reason I decided to rebuilt this truck and give it a different paint color. It just didn't look right sitting next to the nova :angry: I built it around the same time as I did the nova, hence the same paint color... about fifteen years ago, I didn't have much in the paint department and I used what I had instead of running out to buy something different.

Hope you like it!

l_99ff31955fed44adb2ba90a31d34ac2d.jpg

l_89824cee5c434e45bba74ba4cfe7acf6.jpg

l_f146540cf26b42778bab98f5f70a6086.jpg

Thanks for all the comments :P

The paint is Rust-Oleum Metallic Champagne, the white is from ColorPlace (rust control) gloss white ~ the only white spray I had at the time. I put two coats of Testors clear gloss laquer on it and gave it a slight polish. As for the two-tone, after viewing several different photos of the real truck I decided to paint it a little differently than what came from the factory... that's why the white meets the top of the tail light, just thought it gave it more of a stylish look.

Railfreak, lol ~ what about them fender markers? I promise not to tell the ol' lady :lol: And reaper, sorry I couldn't get to your question sooner... I didn't know the answer anyway but it seems as if YJIslander and Rick helped you out.

Oh, yes... I'm surprised nobody commented on the fancy door mirrors :D I lost the original ones but plan to build something to replace them one of these days, unless anyone has some extras laying around? They are different from what came with the original model but I'm hoping to duplicate something like this:

m_a6c7c8b0a3614d9085934de778023cfe.jpg