Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for good source of Nascar detail products

Hi Folks,

I'm about to start delving back into models after a LONG break. I've also just got back into Nascar, and have chosen a Dale Earnhardt Sr. car and a Dale Earnhardt Jr. car to start on. I'm looking around to find some good detail goodies to add to the Revell kits, as well as Ideas. I've detailed street cars before, but never a Nascar.

I'm pretty sure the kit decals will suffice, as far as I know. I found a Ross Gibson engine that I may grab. And speaking of engines, where are people getting these valve cover decals that say Dale Earnhardt Inc. on them?

LC

Edited by loudcherokee

What are you looking for exactly? The decals with the Dale Earnhardt name on it comes from Slixx Napa, Penzoil, Bud, cars all owned by DEI. Detail products that I use are from the following:

www.protechmodelparts.com

Model Car Garage

Detail Master for the A/N fittings. I would recommend the combanation fittings. You can cut them up.

Arrowhead Aluminum Accessories if they are still in business. Expect a delayed time for receiving parts due to Dwaynes health.

www.scaledreams.com

What are you looking for exactly? The decals with the Dale Earnhardt name on it comes from Slixx Napa, Penzoil, Bud, cars all owned by DEI. Detail products that I use are from the following:

www.protechmodelparts.com

Model Car Garage

Detail Master for the A/N fittings. I would recommend the combanation fittings. You can cut them up.

Arrowhead Aluminum Accessories if they are still in business. Expect a delayed time for receiving parts due to Dwaynes health.

www.scaledreams.com

Thanks for the replies!

Well, I got my Jr. car in the mail today. Dad got it for me for my birthday. It's the 2005 Monte Carlo model. It IS the bud car, and not the one that says "DALE" across the hood, thank goodness, however, it does NOT have decals for the tires! Revell kit number 85-2884. I hope I'm not supposed to paint them, as that will not look well.

I'll check those places out. I've had great service and supplies from scaledreams before. I'd be glad to do business with him again.

Are there any retailers that sell resin kits of nascar bodies maybe? Or whole decal sheets for some of the older cars out there? I think I've tracked down a Dale Sr. Car, the one with GM Goodwrench Service Plus on the hood, rather than just the big red PLUS, but haven't gotten it yet.

LC

Edited by loudcherokee

AWESOME! I went to mikes ebay page, and ordered a new sheet of Jr. decals that included the goodyear tire decals, and some other stuff too. I think it's a powerslide sheet, but I'm not sure. I also ordered a Dale Sr. car with the hood decal I want! Mikes store is awesome!

This Dale Jr. kit is unlike any other I've seen. It's a skill 3, the windshield is pre-painted, the tires are hollow vinyl, unlike the previous versions with the solid rubber tires, the wheels are cut out already, and the window net is flexible vinyl too. They didn't make em like this the last time i built a nascar kit, which was sometime around 2002!

I'd like to find a COTF kit, but I can't find one (I know Revell stopped producing NASCAR kits, but i figured there'd be a resin kit already), and I dont know which driver I'd like to go with! Maybe an extra sheet of Dale Sr. decals, and make a COTF Goodwrench car!

LC

AMT will be re-leasing a new COt kit later this year, and Mike has already said he will make decals for them.

LC, if you are looking for a great board for building NASCAr, check this site out:

http://randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/index.php?sid=fe4d5abf904372d0e02ec47756dd930b

I have learned so much about building NASCAR from that board.