Model Cars Magazine Forum

Modified stocker kits and stock/extra parts

Happy New Year.

The re-issue Mod Stockers seem to have some stock parts available in them, obviously not much.

Does anyone know if 66 Impala has the aircleaner (Z-11 type) or a semi-stock rear bumper/taillight piece? Any other good bits in any of them? I bought a 65 Fairlane for the glass and engine to restore a nice original, need a couple other things from some of the others in the series if present.

TIA

Lee

Happy New Year.

The re-issue Mod Stockers seem to have some stock parts available in them, obviously not much.

Does anyone know if 66 Impala has the aircleaner (Z-11 type) or a semi-stock rear bumper/taillight piece? Any other good bits in any of them? I bought a 65 Fairlane for the glass and engine to restore a nice original, need a couple other things from some of the others in the series if present.

TIA

Lee

The most import parts to me in the 66 Impala were the Factory Correct 1963 Mystery (Rat Motor) headers. These were factory cast iron exhausts dumping into collectors that were run in 1963. No other kit ever had these parts.

The most import parts to me in the 66 Impala were the Factory Correct 1963 Mystery (Rat Motor) headers. These were factory cast iron exhausts dumping into collectors that were run in 1963. No other kit ever had these parts.

Len, that is another thing I forgot about. The aircleaner I'm thinking is the correct Nascar style cowl sweeping one, isn't it? Or was that in another kit and the Z11 mystery pipes are in this kit? 40 years seems to have clouded my recall. :shock: :roll:

Good to hear about the 69, I'll get one for bits for my 68 Pacecar resto.

Wonder what other goodies are lurking...

Len, that is another thing I forgot about. The aircleaner I'm thinking is the correct Nascar style cowl sweeping one, isn't it? Or was that in another kit and the Z11 mystery pipes are in this kit? 40 years seems to have clouded my recall. :shock: :roll:

Good to hear about the 69, I'll get one for bits for my 68 Pacecar resto.

Wonder what other goodies are lurking...

The 62 Bel Aire from AMT has the correct air cleaner that takes the air from the right side of the cowl.