Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slammed, Euro-Style Evo VIII (Lots of mods, different direction)

Cobrawannabe

Well, here is my latest project, I decided to go in a completely different direction than most people do with Xmods, and do a euro/ HellaFlush theme.

First step- Stance, weird-*** colored wheels, and a bit of rust.

0223002351-1-1.jpg

0223002351a-1.jpg

Now, onto the second step. A roof rack with detachable basket. It's progressing quite quickly, and I hope to have the fog lights mounted and the whole thing painted by Monday. It's made from ".032 Styrene sheet and 1.5mm half-round.

Starting the basket...

0224001844-1.jpg

Mounts and crossbars on the roof...

0224001843.jpg

And the two mated up for a test fit...

0224001846-1.jpg

02240019391-1.jpg

So, what do you think? I know it's a controversial style, but I like it a lot

So, what do you think? I know it's a controversial style, but I like it a lot

After Googling HellaFlush, I understand what the HellaFlush thing is all about, but the roof rack is a total mystery to me.

Edited by Casey

After Googling HellaFlush, I understand what the HellaFlush thing is all about, but the roof rack is a total mystery to me.

I will start by saying that I am a muscle car guy. Always have been, always will be. But that doesn't mean that I don;t love other cars. Lately, I've been getting into the fitment scene which originated in SoCal. While your approximations on the scene are 100% correct, you did miss a bit ;) While having a great, low stance and a good set of wheels is considered paramount; a truly great car in this scene has character, personality, and artistry built into it. Being different is just as important as sitting right, and accessories are a great way to achieve that.

I drive a 86 Toyota Camry with Van style cargo/ ladder bars on the roof so I can't bag on it :blink:

Nice:lol:

Oh and this is gonna be a driving RC? :blink:

Yes, sir, it will :blink:

While I hate to knock a build, I think the roof rack is too big. That looks about the size of the rack I have on my 1:1 K5.

It also looks too far off the roof.

31325410651_large.jpg

I know that's a 2 door, but I think if you measure it will be much larger than anything Yokahama offers in roof racks?

Why not a luggage rack on the trunk lid? Don't see many of those!

nice EVO Xmods! i have the evo body with full body kits, and i also have (my current working one) a Nissan R35 GT-R, its sweet, and i have alot of mods for it too, lol. and oh, i have a freind on here (MCM) a couple of custom of model car bodies for his xmods, hes doing a good job so far! here is a likn to one of his builds, and also my pics and specs are in that thread too! : http://www.modelcars...showtopic=28310

good luck with your build!

Edited by B_rad88

While I hate to knock a build, I think the roof rack is too big. That looks about the size of the rack I have on my 1:1 K5.

It also looks too far off the roof.

31325410651_large.jpg

I know that's a 2 door, but I think if you measure it will be much larger than anything Yokahama offers in roof racks?

Why not a luggage rack on the trunk lid? Don't see many of those!

Alright Who stole the Napa hat and put it in the luggage rack?? :lol: am I the only one that has noticed that so far haha. Very Cool Stance on the 1:1 by the way. Looks good

I did consider the luggage rack on the trunk, but I just can't get over my hatred for trunk-mounted racks. Thanks a lot for the tips, I'll be trimming it down a bit today. I've always loved the steelies on that Civic B)

Yea I love steelies too, but for a whole 'nuther reason.

And it's not Yokohama (thinking tires I guess :P ) It's Yakima. Here is the factory URL for their baskets;

http://www.yakima.com/racks/cargo/gear-baskets.aspx

This is probably the model that Civic is using;

http://www.yakima.com/racks/cargo/product/8007070/loadwarrior.aspx

IMG_2720.jpg

Mah baby 1:1. MMMMMMmmm... :lol:

Guest Mustang3.8

Nice job, Matt. As B-Rad mentioned, I am building some custom bodies to fit on my XMODS EVO chassis. So far I've got a '69 Chevelle, '68 El Camino, '72 GTO, and a '74 Roadrunner.

HellaFlush is a bit of a stupid name, IMO. Irt just means "really flush", as in the lip of the wheel is perfectly lined up if not +/- 1mm from the fender. It's a GREAT way to make your car look good, but saying it is a GREAT way to sound like a tool

Thanks a lot for the compliments, everyone! Keep the comments coming!