Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 chevy shortbed

plasticfrog

Hey guys I thought I would show off some work I've done :lol: here is a 76 chevy i built using the amt gmc bed and chassis the cab is a amt from the stepside 4x4 kit I saved it from the junk box I got at a yard sale :D:rolleyes:

Edited by plasticfrog

Hi Rick I used the gmc chassis and lowerd it the same way as a real truck.

Was that the right way with modified springs and lowered spindles or the low-buck way where they heat the springs till they sag and the truck rides on the rubber snubbers???

Nice save!!! I, too have one of these waiting in the "save" pile. I only hope it comes out this good.

Was that the right way with modified springs and lowered spindles or the low-buck way where they heat the springs till they sag and the truck rides on the rubber snubbers???

Nice save!!! I, too have one of these waiting in the "save" pile. I only hope it comes out this good.

Funny ;) I cut the front springs off a 1970 camero and used blocks on the rear end.

Fabulous build. Got one of the '78 stepsides in the works myself BTW. After seeing yours, I'm gonna have to start another one and ad the side trim and two-tone it,, just love how yours looks. :P

Thanks Steve when you get it done I would like to see it.