Model Cars Magazine Forum

Candy Orange Mustang

brett

My first real post here, been a bit nervous to post with all the great talent on this board. Am also quite far along with this particular build but it still allows me to get my feet wet so to speak.

Right on with the details, Revell 70 mustang building the tunnel rammed 429. Paint is candy red and candy yellow mixed together hence the candy orange over an unknown shade of Dupont silver.

70stang1.jpg

70stangeng2.jpg

70stangint1.jpg

fast foward a couple of days, floors are flocked seats are painted and motor detailing has started

mustangint4.jpg

mustangeng3.jpg

mustanggrill.jpg

cut off the kits abyssmal master cylinder and plumbed up a parts box one

mustangmastcyl1.jpg

mustangmastcyl3.jpg

Wow, thanks for the warm welcomes and the info regarding the grille.

Dave , hadn't even thought about securing the brake lines to the body, thanks for reminding me , have to see if I can get in there now lol. The hood issue seems to be more the fuel lines than dizzy wires at the moment, theres just a little tension in there somewhere but its not far off closing properly.

Bluesman Mark. I'll take all the HELPFUL critisism that comes my way, not only will it make me a better modeller but quite often a better person as well.

Anyway heres the progress shots from last night.

mustangmockup8.jpg

mustangmockup6.jpg

mustangmockup5.jpg

As you can see its looking quite complete at the moment but I've yet to fix the grille , BMF it, rear spoiler , mirrors and half a dozen other little things. I don't/can't build super shiney sema style look at my reflection paint jobs, so dont expect one. Shiney enough to be a well maintained driver is the look I can achieve and usually go for :mellow:, No offence meant to anyone who does, I do like them ,I just cant build em lol

Killer paint job and color choice! :D It's nice to see one of these built as something other than replica stock. I'm getting sick of Magnum 500 style wheels LOL. As for the grille, since you DIDN'T build it replica stock you can paint it any color you want to. :D

oldscool

Edited by oldscool

Thanks again for the comments, pretty much done now just license plate and tidy up the parts box battery (didnt realise that the kit didnt come with one till last night). Fixed the grille more for an accuracy thing (I mean whos gonna chrome plate a grille thats not usually chrome?) Mirrors and spoilers attatched, so heres the last update before it goes under glass.

mustangmockup15.jpg

mustangmockup12.jpg

mustangmockup10.jpg

mustangmockup16.jpg

thanks for following along.