Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charlie Hill's Filthy Forty Willys Gasser

Porky

;)

That is a very nice build there Man!

Larry Davis' book "Gasser Wars" has both black and white and color photos, for your decal work on the car. It even tells why it was called the "Filthy Forty"

Nice build can't wait to see it finished

Thank You for sharing

Later

Russ

:blink:

Hey Russ

I have been meaning to pick up a copy of that book, would love to see some color pics of the Filthy Forty. All the pics I found on-line were black & white.

Wait no longer, here's the finished "Filthy Forty" - Well it still has no grill inserts, maybe it will get some one day. :D

FilthyFortyWIllys097.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys098.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys109.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys110.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys117.jpg

:o dam i missed this one i love it

Hey Blake

The body and chassis are from this kit, I reworked the grill openings to look like a 40' though, engine and headers are from the amt/ertl 57' vette gasser kit, the rear wheels are resin wide 5's with polar lights funny car slicks mounted on a resin quick change rear end and it has 37' chevy fornt springs grafted to the willys mounting brackets, front tires and wheels are form the 33' willys van kit and the decals are from Slixx. I killed a few kits to build this one. :blink:

What rims did you use on the back? Great job!

James

Hey James

I got the rear wheels from Kenny ( K-Dog ) at Bandit Resins, I think they are made by someone elae though but I cant remember who, they are wide 5's to fit the resin quick change rear end which also came from Kenny.

Eric, That is a great looking build. I too like the 40 better than the 41.

I have a few close-up photos of the grill if you need them. More on my Fotki in the "Real Cars" / "Details Photo" album. Click on the "Get original" to get a close up.

IMG_6212-vi.jpg

AzTom

Edited by AzTom

Eric, That is a great looking build. I too like the 40 better than the 41.

I have a few close-up photos of the grill if you need them. More on my Fotki in the "Real Cars" / "Details Photo" album. Click on the "Get original" to get a close up.

IMG_6212-vi.jpg

AzTom

Hey Tom, Thanks for the pics. I found pretty good ref. pics but I guess I just dont have the skill to make the inserts, I tried twice and both goes at it ended up in the trash, maybe I will give it another go and the third time will be a charm :lol:

This is looking really good. Did you make the decals yourself? I see you decided on the earlier version without the stripe. You really should have a more narrow pair of pie crusts if you want to keep it period correct. They wouldn't have even made tires like that in 1962. I feel it needs some dirt as well but I understand why you may want to keep it clean.