Model Cars Magazine Forum

352 Truck and Pup

Here is one of my current projects. Stretched out an AMT Pete 352 kit. Fuel tanks are from a 359 kit. Trailer is made from scratch using Evergreen styrene and a few parts from the parts box, including air tank, wheels, drums, brake chambers, and slack adjusters. Springs are resin re-pops of the springs in the doubles kit.

001.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

Edited by Paul B

Thanks guys for the comments. Jake it will be a lumber truck. The lumber loade on the truck and trailer just the way it is. There is no bed. Attached a pic from Hank's of the inspiration for this project.

Looks good! I haven't seen a truck with a 'bed' like that though. All the lumber trucks around here are just generic flatbeds. Can't wait to see this model in all its glory!

Edited by macs_rock

Paul,

This is a great looking truck! The paint scheme of blue and white is perfect and looks just right! Very interesting project. Thanks for sharing it with us. Good Luck with the rest of the build. By the way I like yourt stock of kits on the shelf. Hours of fun to be had there.

Dave

Thanks guys for all the comments. I've had a few days off work so some more progress. A bit more to go. Yeah Leo, the winches are on list of things to do. Just waiting for them to get here. ;) Still need to scratch a headache rack and add a few other odds and ends. I am also waiting for my case of 10,000 coffee stir sticks to get here so I can start making lumber units.

002-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Been slowly working on the load. Here are three units of lumber made with coffee stir sticks. Each unit has 198 sticks, and I'm planning on using 20 units. The units are cut down to 10 scale ft. and banded with black BMF.

KirklandRanch2010003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the Pete last week and picked up a load. The winches were made by Leo. I strapped the lumber down with ribbon from the fabric store. I added rings for the hook end of the strap using wire. I added "Kinedyne" label to the straps using my daughter's eye liner , (Doesn't run on the ribbon like a pen).

Pete352007.jpg

Pete352015.jpg

Pete352005.jpg

Been slowly working on the load. Here are three units of lumber made with coffee stir sticks. Each unit has 198 sticks, and I'm planning on using 20 units. The units are cut down to 10 scale ft. and banded with black BMF.

KirklandRanch2010003.jpg

As a guy who spent many years in a saw mill. I'll give you a tip. The bands usually cut into the corners of the load a little. I would take a file about the same width as the bands you are using, and file a little notch in each of the four boards that go on the corners of the loads, so the bands look like they have cut in a little. The coffee stir sticks are a great idea, I might steal that.

oops, just saw the last pic, didnt realize you had finished the load. Too late. Looks really good.

Edited by falcongeorge