Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 Charger 500 Small shelf Diorama

hemithunder

VW Dave ask me to put this up, so here it is. :( My '69 Charger 500 ..kinda.. It started life as a wire controled Genral Lee I got around '80-'83? Just a toy. Only about a third was left so I built the small diorama to display it. I dremeled it all rusty, cut out and hinged the trunk,then added a tarp to cover the missing parts. Raiding the old parts box for a set of tail lights, a screw-driver trunk latch and a few other Charger parts left from other builds. The garage is made of wooden window blind slats with 60 grit sandpaper 3-tab shingels.. that took the longest. It was worse than doing REAL roofing. The fence is made from wooden coffee stir sticks, the posters just printed on photo paper. The leaves and yard debris are mostly popuri ground up in a coffee grinder. The boxes are brown paper bag and the cloths line is simply sprue heated and stretched.

Photo0194.jpgDSCF2534-1.jpgPhoto0196.jpgDSCF2561-1.jpg

Edited by hemithunder

:lol: Again, thanks for all the good words. :lol:

Now I just gotta figure out how to give the other 3% some ideas. :lol:

Seriously, I, like many others here no doubt, have a wife, two children, and a mother that lives with us. So space is limited in our home. So I don't have room to build the larger dioramas that I would like to build. :lol: I went through the stage of "playing" with my dios like all the rest but now I've come to the point where I can just build them and leave them be... <_< most of the time. Many of the ones I build now are small enough to place on a desk shelf, and I'll rotate them every so often to keep the juices flowing.

And if you're careful with a good parts box you can build two or three of these from one kit :) Definately helps on the inflation. :lol:

Here's another one on the same size base 11" x 7", just scrap MDF.

DSCF2635.jpgDSCF2634.jpgDSCF2630.jpg

Sorry that there are no in progress pics but I built this before I started posting pics.

Edited by hemithunder