Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram's Big Rigs for '88

Man, I REALLY miss that beautiful blue metalflake 1/16 scale Kenworth! That was the first truck kit I ever bought on my own. I lost it in a house fire in 1997 and can't afford the steep prices they sell for on ebay to replace it. That's one of very few kits I've never replaced from my original collection!

I've never understood why the 1/16th scale have never been re-released?

Monogram had always been one of those companies that would seem to keep kits in rotation. A friend who used to collect would always joke "Don't pay for out of production Monogram kit's, they will redo them with in a couple of years!"

He seemed to be right. But if my failing memory serves me these have been of the market for a long time?

Man I do miss them!

Jeff

Man I do miss them!

Jeff

You and half of Australia! You know, it probably couldn't hurt to start a letter writing/e-mail campaign to Revell USA to see if we can get these 1/16 kits reissued (can't immagine how much they'll cost). Seemed to work for the 1/25 Kenworth W900 Aerodyne Snap-Tite kit.

Edited by Jim B

You and half of Australia! You know, it probably couldn't hurt to start a letter writing/e-mail campaign to Revell USA to see if we can get these 1/16 kits reissued (can't immagine how much they'll cost). Seemed to work for the 1/25 Kenworth W900 Aerodyne Snap-Tite kit.

Nice idea Jim! I know a young man named stewart is doing that very thing for pickup kits, LET'S DO THE SAME!!!

I'm not trying to hijack Casey's thread, but anyone who would like to see the 1/16 scale trucks reissued, please see my thread here in the trucks section to sign an email to see if we can get Revell to reissue these kits.