Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy 150

59 Impala

Well, I don't have any pics of the building process but I do have some of the finished car and here they are. Hope you enjoy.

Here is the underneath.

DSC03433.jpg

The left side. The black part of the rear fender is black BMF glued in place and made to look like it's being worked on.

DSC03419.jpg

The right side. You can see the screwdriver sticking out of the trunk (this is how you open the trunk) :P

DSC03422.jpg

Here is the engine compartment. You can also see a box of donuts on the front seat, tissue box and sun glasses on the dash.

DSC03431.jpg

I have more pics in my photobucket if you would like to see them, and thanks fer lookin. :D Dan

Edited by 59 Chevy Impala

WOW, thanks alot guys for the kind comments. I have become atticted to building this way. I don't know why, but I like it. I'm sure there will be more builds this way.

Brian, I'm Hangin in there. I haven't worked since January last year. Other than that I'm fine. How are you doin? I haven't posted much lately cause I've been buildin and thinkin of what to do next (as far as a job goes). Buildin helps keep me sane I guess. I am keeping up good spirits all through this time.

:( Dan

Thanks guys. Grant, I used Sofisticated Finishes product ( you can find it at Michaels Craft stores)to make the rust. It's a two part process and I love the stuff. First you paint on the gray paint which has some iron filings in it and let it dry. Next you paint on the liquid stuff and seal it in a bag and let it do it's thing, and presto you have real rust. I also used a dremel to grind out the plastic from the inside of the kit until it was kinda thin and next I used a xacto knife to scrape the plastic very carefully until I got the holes started. You have to be very careful not to gouge the place where you are cutting through for the holes. I also used some pastels for the engine bay and a little on the body. The exhaust was the first time that I did them this way. First I painted them with Testors steel paint and the painted the rust color and dumped some baking powder on them. The powder soaked into the rust color and then I sprayed a flat black wash over that and it turned out pretty good. They are the best looking rusted pipes that I've done so far. The mufflers were painted with Testors Aluminum then dabbed on a little rust with a brush and then dull coated to look a little used. I had alot of fun building this car and I'm looking forward to doing more like this. I did a 49 Ford lie this and I have some pictures of how I did it in my photobucket account if you would like to see how this is done. Try this link http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/59ChevyImpala/49%20Ford%203/

This should work. Thanks agian for the kind comments. Dan