Model Cars Magazine Forum

Blue Max Funny Car Slammer

dragmodeler

I have been a member of the forum for quite a while and haven't posted forever. I am currently the treasurer of the Buckeye Scale Auto Club in Columbus, Ohio. I have been trying to get back to building.

I just finished this Blue Max Funny Car.

The kit is the Polar Lights Blue Max Mustang in Testor's Blue pearl and the kit decals.

Built this one over the weekend so it is a slammer with no engine or interior detail.

post-2503-12711695736941_thumb.jpg

post-2503-12711696180808_thumb.jpg

post-2503-12711696474291_thumb.jpg

Dude, that is a somkin' paint job on that car! Cool idea doing a slammer funny car. You should put up a painting tutorial for those of us that are "paint challenged". Nice work!

Thanks for the kind words. I got tired of detailing the motors in drag cars and needed more "immediate gratification" when building. Also, I knew the Polar Lights Mustang kit can be very challenging.

Kind of odd that you would pick a funny car to do as a slammer... the one type of car where the chassis and engine detail is the whole ballgame! :o

This is my of trying to play the same game a little differently. A chassis and full engine detail don't always make a great build. B)

This is my of trying to play the same game a little differently. A chassis and full engine detail don't always make a great build. :D

I'd say you Won That Game.

Paint and decals looks outstanding.

Looks Perty Dang Cool.

Love to dig around your cuttin room floor B)

Hey, That hood stripe decal is a real pain to get to lay flat, did you paint yours? Everyone I've talked to complains about it. If you didn't paint it, how did you do it? A firehose shootin' setting solution? A voodoo magic ritual? Pelvic gyrations of the Elvis kind?

Edited by Ramcharger

Hey, That hood stripe decal is a real pain to get to lay flat, did you paint yours? Everyone I've talked to complains about it. If you didn't paint it, how did you do it? A firehose shootin' setting solution? A voodoo magic ritual? Pelvic gyrations of the Elvis kind?

I did use the kit decal plus about a gallon of Micor Sol and Micro Set (the drag race modeler's best friend). Takes time and a lot of patience, but I got it to pretty much lay down. there is a small tear in the right front and a really small wrinkle in left front that aren't really too bad. But the bottom line is it CAN be done, just don't be in a hurry. Mark ;)