Model Cars Magazine Forum

A-tona

envious8420

It's different, but cool! But what about those wing supports, I think it would look so much better if you made them like the original Daytona, wider at the bottom. Sorry, but it doesn't look quite right to me. Just copy some existing kit's wing. If you don't want to rob the parts.....

• 3 months later...

WOW, Jim, it sure looks like the pic, your doin a GREAT job on it. But WHAT makes it a DAYTONA? NOTHING against YOU at all, but just puttin a wing on a pickup does NOT a Daytona make, at least to me. It IS a wicked lookin lil truck, no doubt, but to carry the name DAYTONA, to ME it seems, it would need that pointy ol NOSE that was the trademark for those cars. At this rate, all those funny lookin lil tuners with them big ol silly lookin wingy things on 'em could call themselves Daytonas. You ARE doin a smash bang job of it though, caz it DOES look JUST like the pics! GREAT job, it IS lookin GOOD!!!biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

This looks totally cool and something different for the tables.

Ricky Couch did one of these (before the little red wagon kit came out.....he took the van and did it) and it inspired another cool one from Dirk Joseph. See the first link below for a cool VW Van turned into pickup (once again, the van was out before the pickup).

I can't wait to see this one finished. Also, Morgan Barclay did one in metal that is really cool too. It's in the second link. You can see what he started with and where he ended below. Really cool.....and all done in brass, lead, and tin. No Bondo.

Looking forward to seeing your "finished" point. Very Inspiring.

David

http://public.fotki.com/ScrappyJ/vw_vanbus/

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z83/Karmodeler2/Morgan%20Barclays%20Ford/

P9070523.jpg

P9060405-1.jpg

get-attachment-12aspx.jpg