Model Cars Magazine Forum

Going Back To Work!!!!

Well,guys,after being unemployed for a little over a year,I'm going back to work this week.

So,any of you out there who are out of work,just keep the faith,and keep on trying,something will come up.

Hey,I went from no job to being offered two different jobs the same day(sure hope I picked the right one).

Wish me luck,and hang in there.

Rich

Glad to hear you're back at it.

I've had a couple times when I could have stayed or switched jobs, including getting two offers the same day.

You just have to take an educated guess and go for it.

Either one is better than sitting at home.

Now give it your best and work your way up to the top!

After almost three years of quasi-employment (per diem and odds and ends) I understand all too well what you're going through. My your new career bring you those things infinitely more important than the still-important paycheck- fulfillment and happiness.

Charlie Larkin

Congratulations Rich! I have been unemployed since last May, so I completely understand. I normally work in car dealerships, in management, where you are only as good as your last month. The last 2 times that I was unemployed, I was offered 2 jobs within hours of each other. Thankfully, I believe overall that I made the right decisions in each case.

I wish you the best in your new endeavor!

Thanks everybody!

Yeah, Rod I know all about the car business,that's what I do too(sales).

The last dealership I worked for sold Pontiac,Cadillac,Buick,and GMC.They just lost Cadillac,and we all know what happened to Pontiac(and that was about 50% of their sales),so I'm not too upset about not being there anymore.

The job I'm going to has dealerships for Toyota,Subaru,Mitsubishi,and Ford,so I think this might be a better deal.Well,it can't be any worse!

Rich