Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/32 Snake Pepsi Challenger

dragin70s

My advice on 1/32 scale would be to skip it and stick to bigger stuff. Maybe I am just old, but gee whiz, Anyway, here's my attempt on this one. Scratch built fuel pump and steering'wheel' along with fuel/oil/plug lines and guages. Hood panel is not the kit provided decal, but painted and then cut out the Snake emblems and red accent stripes and layed them on. Thanks for the look.

100_0843.jpg

100_0846.jpg

100_0847.jpg

100_0849.jpg

100_0852.jpg

Nice job! I bought all four of those kits when they first came out back in the eighties. Back then they were really detailed compared to the previous Monogram 1/32 Snap Tite funnies like the Whiplash Camaro and several others.

Thanks guys. I did wish I had the Blue Max version, but now after doing this one maybe not so much. I finished painting the body for my Dodge Fever in progress, and boy does it seem huge. I'll enjoy getting back to 1/25 cars now. I did see someone on another board who indicated using some of the decals from this car on Snake's yellow Arrow version of the Pepsi Challenger. Gonna have to look into that closer.

Nice catch. That is a European hockey magazine featuring Jari Kurri and Teemu Selanne on the cover. I am a huge Jari Kurri fan and collector, with one of the largest Kurri collections around. Just another vice, uh, hobby.

Great job, real nice to see something a little different, btw what's with the Winnipeg Jets hockey player image in the back ground of the fourth pic just to the left on the screen? Just being curious canuck, lol.

Thanks, Bob. Very kind indeed. Funny, I was on ebay and saw a lot of all four of these 1/32 FCs built up in condition to restore. Can you believe for a minute I actually considered it? Then I came to my senses. Maybe some day, as I do love the look of that Blue Max car, but not in the near future. All excited about my Dodge Fever now. Again, thanks for the kind words.

Rob

So well done.....

The details are perfect and your paint is outstanding.

These kits can be made to look great and yours is the best I've ever seen.

Bob