Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need Dot tape in 1/24 1/25

Here's a couple more options if you can't get the tape Jim put the link up to. The first is the decals from the new issue of the AMT Pearless logger, and I believe the new issue of the Freuhauf flatbed has been updated, also.

HPIM1925.jpg

The second I have not tried yet, but will be soon on my current project, is get some of the real tape. I have seen it at local auto parts stores for around $8-$10, I got a roll from left over from retaping a real trailer, so I have enough probably for life! :)

HPIM1926.jpg

The best thing with cutting down thw real tape, it will be reflective! After I try the cut down real tape, I'll update you on how good it worked. Also, keep in mind, the tape does not have to be in a continuous line, I have seen many with a piece of red/white and a space of about two feet between the next red/white strip. If you want, I have and older DOT regulation book from my driving days, I would be more than happy to find the regulation governing the placement of the reflective tape.

Hi guy's, anybody know where to get some DOT tape in 1/24 or 25th.? i saw some a while back some where, but i'll be darned if i can find it now. i'd be gratefull for any help. Thanks Scott

Hello Scott

I sell resin cast truck parts to better detail your model trucks. In my line of products I offer a water slide decal sheet with white /red DOT tape.

These are not reflective just white red but apply just like any decal from any model kit.

Here is a photo of the decal sheet that I have uploaded to my photobucket account:

C105.jpg

If you would like more information contact me off board at : Email me

Hope this helps. Daniel Gailloux

Hello Scott

I sell resin cast truck parts to better detail your model trucks. In my line of products I offer a water slide decal sheet with white /red DOT tape.

These are not reflective just white red but apply just like any decal from any model kit.

Here is a photo of the decal sheet that I have uploaded to my photobucket account:

C105.jpg

If you would like more information contact me off board at : Email me

Hope this helps. Daniel Gailloux

Hi Daniel, oh i know all to well about your products, i like and use um anytime i can get um. nice stuff. i will contact you shortly, thanks for the input from all who answered.

Scott

"project 53"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest old man

i have 3 pack's of this the stock #201 but it dont say how long it is the last time i used it on a tanker i had a lot left over it work's just fine

hope this help's

i have 3 pack's of this the stock #201 but it dont say how long it is the last time i used it on a tanker i had a lot left over it work's just fine

hope this help's

Thanks for that. I was hoping there was enough for at least two trailers per roll. Either way, they're pretty cheap so I'll order several rolls.

Mike