Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's Get Small

Harold

Here's what I've been working on the last few months. This is the old Revell EXP that I bought at Dean's last year for five bucks. As far as Revell kits from that era go, this one actually hits its subject on the mark. The body was worked over to address panel lines, sink marks (only two small ones on the front fascia). Then I used some silver Dupli- Color I had kicking around for the base coat. Then I shot it with Testor's laquer (Not sure of the color name- I'll get back to eveyone on this). The wheels are Mustang TRX wheels I bought from the huge parts box at Dean's (two whole sets for a buck). I wasn't satisfied with the interior, and I had a Probe I'm parting out, so I used the back half of the EXP interior with the front from the probe. The color is Testor's Tan and Polly S Beige mixed 2/3- 1/3. The carpeting is brown flocking and there's a CD player and CD from a Detail Master radio face set. The bike and trailer are from the MPC '80 Monte Carlo, and both are painted the same color as the car. Aside from attaching the forks with a piece of straight pin, and a spotlight from a Lindberg '53 Ford to replace the kit headlight, its built staright from the box.

IMG_3689.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

Edited by Harold

I have one each of the LN7/EXP kits in 1/32 scale. neither one has removeable roof panels as this car does. I have the LN7 nearly complete but haven't worked on it in awhile. they're fair kits but seem to be Monogram, though it never says that anywhere except MM on the chassis.

Gary

Nice job. Is that the little 1/32 kit they made along with the Mercury Lynx LN7?

Charlie Larkin

No, Charlie, its a 1/25th scale kit. I was going to drop the Probe engine into it, but a couple parts are MIA (which is why the Probe got scavenged). Right now, the body is clear coated and curing (its been a week). Next week, I'll polish it out and do the final assembly. Also, guys, thanks for the complements. Ed, I'll get going back on the Packard in the next few weeks- I haven't forgotten about it :lol:.