Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Highboy Roadster - Completed 06/22

Bernard Kron

This one is really starting to come together, Bernard!!

That deal with the different hood side pieces is really interesting!!

Remember what our old friend Curt always says, "model building is nothing more than a series of fixing mistakes". :D

Later,

The Deuce Roadster looks good nice work so far. I have had to set builds aside waiting for parts to arrive so I know what it feels like. But in my case it has been because I forgot to order them, all my fault!

I have only had one problem with Parts from MCG and that was a set of Offy Heads that arrive at my house with one of them broken in half. MCG replaced them as soon as I let them know about it. I have never in the hundreds of parts I have Bought from Norm at Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland had even a single bad part. My problems have been mostly me doing something dumb, or just making a mistake, I'm real good at making mistakes ussualy dumb ones.

CHEERS!

• 4 weeks later...

The Lobeck-style ’32 is finished at last. It can be found Under Glass here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32530

The problem with the p/e grill fit turned out to be caused by having used a Dan Fink Speedwagon version of the Model Car Garage piece in the Replicas & Miniatures of Maryland resin shell and radiator. MCG had been out of the Revell ’32 Coupe version that I usually use and subbed the Speedwagon setup (labeled ’32 coupe, BTW – v. bad!). It is not quite the same and doesn’t fit the Rep Min shell (although it appears to fit the original Revell kit shell). So a heads up on this obscure piece of modeling lore…

Anyway, final touches included using headlights from the AMT Phantom Vickie kit, with the buckets stripped of their chrome finish and painted body color. The p/e grill is also painted body color. So below please find some a final “beauty shotâ€.

Thanx to everyone for the kind words and for following along. I hope you all like results.

DSCF1473-web.jpg