Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

Lookin awesome Romell! Its coming together thats for sure! I think i missed what other wheels you are gonna use?

Manny

I found some replica Foose wheels (mine are Boyd Coddington"s) that are closer to my 1:1 Wheels i havent posted this yet Im just waitin on them to get here. With the new set i'll be able to make lugs and lugnuts. (i Know you think Im crazy) but they thought I was crazy when i discoved electricity too! LOL! :)

Anyway these are my 1:1 rims 19X10's rears and 17X7's front

newrims006.jpg

this is what I got for the model

24042a.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Man, I'm loving the build so far! Each time I drop by the forum and I see Romell replyed in this thread I can't help but jump right this thread! LOL

Romell, if people think your crazy, but you know something? if your crazy then I must be the bow of fruit loops right next to you then! Because we both got the same kind of bug for building models! LOL

Man, I'm loving the build so far! Each time I drop by the forum and I see Romell replyed in this thread I can't help but jump right this thread! LOL

Romell, if people think your crazy, but you know something? if your crazy then I must be the bow of fruit loops right next to you then! Because we both got the same kind of bug for building models! LOL

Its always good to see you commenting on this build Mopar thx for your continued support. Romell :(

Both the model and real thing are coming along, though I'd wager you're wishing the 1:1 were progressing as well as your model! It would be nice if you could get the CAD files of the Boyd C. wheels and have them reduced to 1/25 and done by a model parts manufacturer that does CNC machining work. Cost a small fortune, though.

Both the model and real thing are coming along, though I'd wager you're wishing the 1:1 were progressing as well as your model! It would be nice if you could get the CAD files of the Boyd C. wheels and have them reduced to 1/25 and done by a model parts manufacturer that does CNC machining work. Cost a small fortune, though.

Ya know Jim I talked to a well known model rim maker (here in the forums)about getting my wheels done. He told me what his rates were (I think he didnt think I could afford him) I agreed to it but then I got the response that he was nolonger turning rims as he was gonna be looking for a new job soon. So if you know of anyone who would be willing to take the job on let me know. :(

Lugs and lug nuts???

Next you're gonna tell us you're going thread the lugs..... :lol:

So you're going to remove the cast in nuts on the wheels and drill them out?

Following this thread is so cool. Keep it coming Romell. Cheers Mate!

Lugs and lug nuts???

Next you're gonna tell us you're going thread the lugs..... ;)

So you're going to remove the cast in nuts on the wheels and drill them out?

Following this thread is so cool. Keep it coming Romell. Cheers Mate!

Yes Sir the lugs will be threaded , how eles will i be able to get the wheel off when i have a flat! :D LOL! :lol: thx for you compliments again Alan

The model is SWEET!!! but that 1:1 looks like a piece of junk! I would get rid of the body and keep the motor.

I guess everyone is intitled to there own opinion :rolleyes:

No, some people just can't see the beauty under the rust and bondo! I think some people just don't realize a WIP, whether in scale or real life, is going to look worse before it looks better!

OK, first let me say that I am in the presence of Greatness!!! B) This is a wonderful, totally awesome build. Romell, you are a master builder, among the best I've ever seen! You, like many others here make me look like a rank amatuer! This is not a bad thing as it inspires me to push the envelope and try new things! I have learned several new techniques from this thread that I am eager to try out on my upcoming builds.

Kev0, evidently you're not a bodyman <_<;) : I'm from the Midwest, home of snow, mud and car eating roadsalts. We here dream of finding California car bodies that are in that good of shape. Yes, I'm the son of a mechanic/bodyman and a pretty decent bodyman myself and have to say that that 1:1 body is a rock solid beauty (compared to some that I've resurrected) that needs only a bit of TLC to make it a real showstopper. I see greatness lurking under that tired old sheetmetal... Wait until Romells' bodyman finishes massaging it and gets it under a coat of primer, you'll see... ;):rolleyes:

Top shelf work, I can't wait to see both of them finished.

Edited by Wagoneer81

but that 1:1 looks like a piece of junk! I would get rid of the body and keep the motor.

<_< ..........Did I miss somethin' here?!?!?!?!?.....uhhhhh 'kev0',did ya ever hear the term "Work in progress"?!?!?!?....Romell,I see a awesome 1:1 street pounder in the works....can't wait to see both builds done :rolleyes:

Edited by Badluck 13

Thx badluck 13 and Manny for your kind words and compliments , But truely I dont let knuckle heads bother me there always one in every circle.

I wanted to add that i havent posted any updates because im waiting on some materials to arrive and im sure you guys arent interested in seeing me clear and polish the body. Hmmmmm but maybe I'll do the polishing step as a tutorial for those of us who would like to learn how. Let me know what you guys think and if enough people want to see it i'll do it. :lol::huh:

Edited by Aftashox

Love to see how you polish, Romell!

The 1:1 is an awesome project. Any progress is still progress, and if you have to rely on someone else to do bodywork, then he may not be as passionate about getting it done as you are! I've got a '67 Beetle 1:1 in my garage that has been a 10 year project so far. Had a lot of rusty body parts to replace, with a couple more to go. It's take a whole lot longer than I'd want it to, but the balance of available "time" vs "money" has not been in my favour!

Here's one of my Beetle...will be nice to have it all the same colour!

IMG_2055.jpg

Love to see how you polish, Romell!

The 1:1 is an awesome project. Any progress is still progress, and if you have to rely on someone else to do bodywork, then he may not be as passionate about getting it done as you are! I've got a '67 Beetle 1:1 in my garage that has been a 10 year project so far. Had a lot of rusty body parts to replace, with a couple more to go. It's take a whole lot longer than I'd want it to, but the balance of available "time" vs "money" has not been in my favour!

Here's one of my Beetle...will be nice to have it all the same colour!

IMG_2055.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!, Ain't nuthin' like a vintage "Dubbie".....gotta love them "Air Suckers"!!!! :lol:

Edited by Badluck 13

The model is SWEET!!! but that 1:1 looks like a piece of junk! I would get rid of the body and keep the motor.

You think that is junk? You should see the '59 Chevy I started with for rebuilding for my dad. Pulled out of a field. Do you think these cars magically build themselves? I personally put 2 1/2 years into this car of night days and weekends. It ain't no cake walk I will tell you that.:

th_m_14633d20b554b9877990f3f134d3081e.jpg

th_Photo0027.jpg

th_Photo0028.jpg

th_Photo0032.jpg

th_0913081928a-1.jpg

th_0914081215-1.jpg

th_Photo0041.jpg

th_Photo0045.jpg

It was a streetable mild rebuild and only a $6000 budget, lol. We also did all the work (everything) in my uncle's garage. Sorry to hi jack the thread.

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

As you can see, the post before was deleted.

Do not call anyone names, provoke others, or even call someone a "knuckle head".

If you have a negative comment or opinion of someone else, keep it to yourself.

A suspension has been activated, and I will deal harsher blows as I see fit.

I am tired of the fighting and bickering that has been going on here.

Sorry to take over your post, Romell.

Its not a probem Gregg im just glad you stopped it when you did.I dont even understand why this guy is the way he is , I never used any names and i tryed to just ignor his first comments. Oh well cant please everyone I guess. it was a bad choice of wording on my part too.

Edited by Aftashox