Model Cars Magazine Forum

Box Stock Lowering a Revell 32 5 window coupe

Terror

This pik shows the cuts made to the glueing tabs.All these cuts are 3mm on suspension,4mm on the body stuff.Maybe more after sanding to even everything up,or should I say down.The body could have been lower but this is gonna be a Northern street driver,and the roads up here would tear those Cali.Cars up.So this has to be off the ground somewhat ..Oh this will shine.It just screemed Black custom rod to me.I used the decals on the interior. and added wire for pipeing.The only thing I'm useing outside the box is wire.Even the chop,I used the leftover plastic for fill.Man am I cheap or what?Untitled-1.jpg009.jpg007.jpg010.jpgAny questions go ahead and ask,man.Thanks.

Edited by Terror

Thanks guys.Yes,Mike that is underway.Forgot to mention them.Also the rear tires and carbs are from another kit.The interior design is from an issue of Street Rod Builder mag. called Flames Inside.I'm also thinkin red tint on windows.?.Gonna need to cut them too.So far the paint used is cheap ColorPlace walmart spray cans.

I really like the look of it ... the lowering and the top chop look about right. I'm assuming body work on the chop is still in the works.

The seats are really interesting. May suggest a semi-gloss clear over them or even flat clear and "finger-rubbed" a bit for the right sheen.

You could even drive this here in the Berkshires. B)

Yes,there is some sanding left to do and glueing.The motor is just resting there not glued in as 80% still needs glue.I'll have some piks of the dash and hopefully the side panels when I wake up today.LOL,I work 3rd shift.0.And always,thanks for commenting.

Man,this blew off the first page like someone left the doors open.Anyways,here is mok piks of the stacks I made of sprue and duct tape.The door panel and shifter I made.The 8 is a decal,everyone gets them in kits,LOL.The red circles show the sanding yet needed to make lines go away.Not for nuthin(my buddy used to say that),but it's my best chop as far as levelness.Thanks for checkin it out...001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

Edited by Terror

good start!! looks kewl...

looks like my 'combo' of an AMT Boyd's 32 kit, for the body, and an AMT 'Classic' 32 for the rest!!

here's a pic of mine...

eccfinis003.jpg

Edited by weasel

Thanks to the 7 who has time to comment.I was gonna post some progress piks,but,there is little interest.So stop over to the house sometime and see the rest.

I like this build but will probably be guilty of not commenting on a progress shot. DON'T let lack of comments stop you! Sometimes we just get lazy and like to just look. You HAVE been getting quite a bit of feedback and lots of looks! :rolleyes:

I like, no wait, I love it!

I second that and raise O! wait lol excellent build up so far amigo and the seats are the business!! The tires are to clean to keep them from not scuffin up tho!! All that juice up front and all!! lol

Keep on wit it fella!!

peace

Tito

Sorry I'm late chiming in on this build. I've been checkin' in but time bein' limited hasn't left much time for chatter.

I really like how this is comin' together!! I can't wait to see more of this build. After seein' so many people build 32's it's inspired me to try my hand at them. 3 started, but stopped due to upcoming move. Keep up the great work I can't wait ot see what's next! You'll get the fiddly bits figured out. B)

OK enough of my whinning,I tend to get that way on Mondays,sorry.Thanks again to my lucky 7 and a couple extras.The other 400 lookers,,,well ,backatcha.Tito man where ya been Bro.Us up-staters gotta stick together.LOL..Heres some more mocks.Nothin is glued in place yet.the interior is put together cept for the steering wheel.I hinged the trunk and put a working handle in it.Got a base coat of flat blk on it,but still needs a touch of smoothing on the cut seems.And I need to make a spacer for the gap between the dash and fire wall.Good thing I cut the top out and saved the plastic,gonna use that to fill it in.Yeah, I haven't touched the tires and rims yet.I also ran a fuel line from the tank to the front,Show those piks when I get to it..001-1.jpg002-1.jpg004-1.jpg003-1.jpg

Edited by Terror

Really looking nice, the only thing I would do different, would be to raise the height of the rear wheel moldings to give it a little more tire clearance & the illusion of a section job. I like the semi gloss black look personally, after all a real hot rod is never finished. :angry:

Really looking nice, the only thing I would do different, would be to raise the height of the rear wheel moldings to give it a little more tire clearance & the illusion of a section job. I like the semi gloss black look personally, after all a real hot rod is never finished. B)

it's channeled not sectioned...'posed to look like that...

Just a tiny update.The trunk is started,needs a clear coat and some flock work.And a couple sneek peek photos of what I'm doing in between.Thanks for the interest.The wheel wells are gonna stay that way but the next one I will cosider that thanks,Horsepower.Weasel,thanks for the comments,man.001-3.jpg002-3.jpg003-3.jpg004-2.jpg