Model Cars Magazine Forum

It is kind of funny to me, they won't let their precious name be used on a model kit, yet they slather it all over the worst, most poorly made workboots you can buy! Hope they go bankrupt... (And I don't mean the 'good' kind of bankrupt, like GM. :rolleyes::lol:;) )

I can agree with that! I've owned one pair, several years ago... Paid about $100.00 for them. They fell apart after three months...Pure junk, they were the worst pair of boots I ever owned and I've owned many! I guess you weren't supposed to actually work in them, they're more of a "Look at me, I'm cool" kind of thing than an actual functional workboot.

Edited by Wagoneer81

I'm not really sure that this is that big of an issue, you can get name brand yellow paint or a close generic, and it is an easy color to put homemade decals over. The AMT kit straddles the period with the earlier style branding (I think 1964-65 is when they swithed from simple text to the stylized triangular logo). Unfortunately the licensing issue is going to be with us until someone realizes they might be better off encouraging the use of their trademarks on model kits.

This was mine, decals for personal use only of course. :D

Doz7.jpg

Doz8.jpg

Doz9.jpg

I wish they would re-issue this kit, I did this several years ago, and I'd like to do another one with the skills I've picked up since then.

It's like not even being able to use the term "Super Bowl" in a advertisement, you have to say, "The Big Game" because "Super Bowl" is a copyrighted name... Kind of an Orwellian age we live in, don't you think? I'd better be careful what I say, Big Corporations and Big Brother may be watching...

They actually did that in a couple episodes of "Will It Blend?" All instances of "Super Bowl" were replaced by "Super Sunday" or "The Big Game".