Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 El Camino

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to build a 1/24 or 1/25 67 El Camino.

I searched for a bit and found one caster who used to make them, but I emailed him and he told me that he no longer casts them.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these?

Thanks and I hope everyone is having a great Memorial weekend!

It seems to me. Now I am no ElCamino Expert! That you could just graft the front clip from a revell 67 Chevelle onto the Revell 66 Elcamino and BAM! You got what you are looking for. I think that is why that has never been a subject that any resin caster has wanted to put the time and money into. Just to easy for modelers to make themselves.

Edited by dencon

It seems to me. Now I am no ElCamino Expert! That you could just graft the front clip from a revell 67 Chevelle onto the Revell 66 Elcamino and BAM! You got what you are looking for. I think that is why that has never been a subject that any resin caster has wanted to put the time and money into. Just to easy for modelers to make themselves.

Thanks for the response, Matt.

Yeah that's what I was planning on doing if I couldn't find a casting. The only problem is, the tail lights are completely different. A 67 Chevelle wagon has the same tails, but to my knowledge, nobody makes one. I guess I would have to make them.

On that note, does anyone know of any 67 Chevelle and 66 Elky kits that would line up and "look right" without doing a ton of work?

Revell has both the '67 Chevelle and the '66 El Camino. When the Revell '66 Chevelle wagon was the hottest deal around there were several modelers who did this conversion. The '66 Chevelle wagon and El Camino share the majority of their tooling. The taillights from the '67 Chevelle were used to complete the conversion.

Revell has both the '67 Chevelle and the '66 El Camino. When the Revell '66 Chevelle wagon was the hottest deal around there were several modelers who did this conversion. The '66 Chevelle wagon and El Camino share the majority of their tooling. The taillights from the '67 Chevelle were used to complete the conversion.

Thanks for the info.

I guess maybe I could get away with using the regular 67 Chevelle tail lights. Although, they are different from the wagon/elky tail lights, they look somewhat similar. A 67 wagon would be perfect though, because they share the same lights as the 67 El Camino.

I guess I'll try to get the 2 kits, and if the lights work, cool. If not, I can't see them being that hard to make.

So if I get these two, they should line up in the middle?

66 El Camino

67 Chevelle

Thanks again for the responses, guys. :huh:

Thanks for the info.

I guess maybe I could get away with using the regular 67 Chevelle tail lights. Although, they are different from the wagon/elky tail lights, they look somewhat similar. A 67 wagon would be perfect though, because they share the same lights as the 67 El Camino.

I guess I'll try to get the 2 kits, and if the lights work, cool. If not, I can't see them being that hard to make.

So if I get these two, they should line up in the middle?

66 El Camino

67 Chevelle

Thanks again for the responses, guys. :D

There is a slight width difference, but it's easily overcome.