Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP......Prudhomme 72 Hot Wheels Cuda

What's modeling life without numerous projects going at the same time. While the Daytona pro mod is still active on the workbench I had to get started on this one as I just got the decals custom made and I have been waiting to be able to attempt this car for many years.

The resin body is from an unknown source. Whoever produced it is very good quality. The chassis you see in the pics. is strictly a donor chassis for the mockup stages. There will be a totally different chassis built for this build. The body was done up in Krylon white followed by the custom made decals. This is where I am at so far.

DSC04691-vi.jpg

DSC04693-vi.jpg

DSC04694-vi.jpg

DSC04696-vi.jpg

VERY coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who makes those decals? Do they make the Mongoose II decals as well?

Is the sheet specific to that body? (does it have the grill and headlights that would fit that opening)

VERY coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who makes those decals? Do they make the Mongoose II decals as well?

Is the sheet specific to that body? (does it have the grill and headlights that would fit that opening)

Ben, the source of these decals, unfortunately for others, wishes to remain anonymous. This person even had reservations of making this set for me as they were not prepared to mass market their talents. What you see in these pictures is all vinyl, with the rest of the decals being waterslide. The cost factor for doing it this way can become a bit pricey.

The set was designed for a 1320 diecast body, and yes it does come with the grill and taillights decals but for this body they are slightly too narrow so I have to make some adjustments to make them work.

The Mongoose decals that you speak of are available through Slixx.

Ahhh, I see. I was talking with a guy a good while back that was primarily into Star Trek stuff but he was really into the Snake and Mongoose cars as well. He said he was planning on making all the decals needed to make most of the cars they had.He was even going to do them in 1/16. I lost his email when I changed computers. I thought maybe you had used the same guy?