Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Ford Mustang CJ Fastback

Car Crazy 81

Another one of my projects i'd wanted to show ya'll its a Revell 68 Mustang GT 2n1 kit. The frame needed some attention by ditching the kits front axle & fuel tank which i'd replaced both parts from a Revell 65 Mustang kit. Im building this one as Don Nicholson's SS/E that he raced back in 1968.

ModelCars069.jpg

ModelCars068.jpg

ModelCars070.jpg

Heres the 1:1 pics of Dyno Don's Mustang.

DickBrannanFord68MustangCJ.jpg

DickBrannanFord68MustangCJ2.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

• 3 weeks later...

More progress on Dyno Don's Mustang its finally in paint i'd used Valspar Gloss White and used Colorplace(Wal-Mart) Flat White as a primer. I'd let the paint cure and added the decals. I still need to fab a set of motor mounts since i'd ditched the kits front suspension & engine i'd used a Revell 69 Mustang 428 ci engine and a Revell 65 Mustang front axle and now the engine is rocking back and forth.

ModelCars080.jpg

ModelCars084.jpg

ModelCars083.jpg

Edited by LSU Fan 1981

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recieved the rear wheels from a friend Saturday that came with my Vette body. Im not sure where he got the wheels from but they came out nice the slicks came from a Lindberg 64 Dodge 330 S/S the Color Me Gone version and parts box wheel backs to fit the kits metal axle.

ModelCars099.jpg

ModelCars100.jpg