Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello! New Guy Around Here

Hey Ya'll!

I found out about this place through the Confederate General Lee Fan Club (CGLFC) in the model section over there. I am a historian about Nascar and Dukes of Hazzard. When I saw the vintage Nascar builds here, I just had to join. I don't build models currently, but I hope to soon. I get so pumped up when I look at builds in progress, but then when I open up a new model to begin and see all those tiny parts and pieces, I just give up. So I'm hoping with my stay here, I might just build a few :) I've got a few models still in boxes, but the problem is, I would have to go to the next town over just to get supplys. In my town, the only place that would have that kind of stuff is Walmart, and they got rid of their models and model stuff about a year and a half ago. Hopefully when I do finally get supplys, I will learn to start to build models!! ;)

Welcome to the site!

Hopefully you'll start building soon! Don't let all of the "little pieces" intimidate you. Just take it one step at a time. That's how I do it. Focus on on "parts" of the build and don't even worry about the other stuff until you get to it. For example: take all of the engine pieces out of the box first and worry about building the engine. When that's done, focus on building the interior. Keep doing it like that, and before you know it, the car will be all ready to put together. Then sit back and give yourself a nice pat on the back and enjoy looking at what you've just accomplished. Oh yeah, and don't forget to share it with your new buddies here!

edit:

Just wanted to add, it's a good idea to follow the instructions that come with the kit until you get a good feel for how they go together. Also, do a "test fit" of the parts before you paint them. This can save you from a lot of aggravation down the road.

If you run into any problems, don't hesitate to ask here. This is a great community (the best on the net) with a lot of experienced and friendly builders who are always willing to help out at the drop of a hat. :)

Edited by NJ-Wayne