Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Poncho Project!!!!

cruz

Did a bit more work this weekend, installed the key and keychain in the dash, sanded down the stickshift and took some thickness off and also removed the mold line that it had, at the end it was Alcladed, I will be painting the little ball at the top white. Also, used embossing powder to replicate the carpeting.

PonchoProject11008-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject11009-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject11012-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject11017-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject11014-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject11016-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

PonchoProject11013-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Looks fantastic, Marcos. Love the way the embossing powder more closely replicates the loop pile carpeting than flocking (gotta get me some.) Nice job whittling down the shift lever, too.

I think most (if not all) the Super Duty cars were radio and heater delete.

The embossing powder trick is certainly better than the flocking, this interior is looking awesome my friend. How do you apply the embossing powder? Is it similar as you do the flocking? Did you paint over that?

Thank you guys, your replies are always appreciated!! You apply it in much the same way you do flocking, or at least as most people do which is with Elmer's Glue. I water it down a little and apply it liberally (the glue) with a brush. What I like the most is that you don't see it flying all over the place like you do flocking once you dump it over the glue, looks more to scale and you can paint it any color you want. In this case, I was lucky to find it in that shade of blue. Just make sure to let the weight of the embossing powder do all the work, the more you dump, the better it will look, no need to push down to get coverage. I leave it on there for at least 6 to 8 minutes, turn it upside down and take the excess off by tapping it from the back of the interior tub or in this case, the chassis.

The embossing powder trick is certainly better than the flocking, this interior is looking awesome my friend. How do you apply the embossing powder? Is it similar as you do the flocking? Did you paint over that?

I can answer this, yes you can apply it just like you would flocking. When I use the stuff I mostly tape off the area and use elmers spray glue and then dump the powder in the area and move it around. With the powder, if you miss a spot or a spot doesn't have aenough coverage on it you can use future shine and apply a dot to that area and then just dump more powder in that area and wam you wouldn't know the differents. Now you couldn't do that with flocking as it would get lumpy real fast. I switch over some what from using flocking to using powder as the powder is way better and easier to handle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Johnny

Marcos, I do not know how I missed this thread but sure am glad I found it!

You have done some fantastic work on the interior of this old Poncho!

I only wish I had half your talent and patience at building like this!cool.gif