Model Cars Magazine Forum

IPMSHAMS show Aug. 21 in Houston, anyone attending?

Hi gang,

There is a IPMSHAMS car show in North Houston August 21st, just wondering if any folks attending. Believe it or not, this will be my very first model show, I have always wanted to attend one somewhere, but......

Anyway, I am thinking about displaying 2 bikes and 3 cars, have safe way to transport, but not sure about how to display, know they should be clean, but what else? Tips are appreciated, since IPMS rules, do I need to bring the boxes or instructions for stock classes (dumb but I've been laughed at before) to prove what was in box? I can't wait to go, would like any tips you can provide, and would like to meet any modelers in the area that plan on attending. Wasn't going to display yet (like I said, been laughed at before....) but need to get out there and get some constructive criticism, I know it will just make me a better builder. Thanks you!

Mike

I believe you need the instructions if you enter a model in Box Stock, but not any other category. I like to use a small mirror on the table under the car to show off the bottom. I also use a small piece of guitar string to use as a hood prop. That's about it here, nothing fancy. Others might have more ideas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...