Model Cars Magazine Forum

redone horse trailer

I redone just about most of this trailer because of a real bad paint that seemed to never dry,it fished eyed in one section & finger prints showed nicely. out side of wheels & tires this horse trailer is all scratch built. I got a picture or two off internet & between these two horse transporters I made this one. the silver sides on trailer I had to scribe it so it looked like that diamond effect is stainless steel. I had scribed 406 lines in sides. Oh i screwed up & had to do a whole section over again that was only 116 scribes. door on right opens but horses come & go from back end . The windows are covered with two sheets of colored plastic. well clear & green. some of the windows i fixed as open & latched to trailer. Same effect as shutters. I added ladder to front of trailer so to get to hay rack & hay on top back. I made the hay bails out of dead grass & weeds plus some dirt. the doors open & close with doll house piano hinges. My better half says, it's one of your best build in trailers so far!. Well some sections did take more time. I think I spent more than 3 days on rear doors & a complete day on side door.I added red stripping to black pete so all this would all come together.I also used a section of aluminum tube to lock rear door on traile. I made brace on top of rear door drilled hole in brace & top of rear bumper tube slides down through drill holes & presto door is locked. you just have to pull up on tube 1/4 & back door will open.

Edited by huffanpuff

Looks good. Great detailing.

Not to sure about storing the hay bales on the roof, though. Horses can't eat hay that gets mold in it (and horse people are REALLY particular), so the hay would probably be transported in the trailer. Besides, who would want to lift it up there anyway. They're heavy!

Looks good. Great detailing.

Not to sure about storing the hay bales on the roof, though. Horses can't eat hay that gets mold in it (and horse people are REALLY particular), so the hay would probably be transported in the trailer. Besides, who would want to lift it up there anyway. They're heavy!

I know that about horse people but, how do you know I am not using it for beding:lol: