Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Box Stock Ferrari 612

ismaelg

Hello,

I don't do commisioned work. But a good friend asked me to paint a model for him. Since I'm still in a car "slump" since November, I thought this could be a good therapy to get back into the groove.

Box stock Ferrari 612. Ready for polishing.

I have to remind myself "Box Stock, not mine, box stock, not mine..." :D

DSCF4273b.jpg

Thanks,

OK, box stock with some "interpretation" of the term :D

No, not for Jose. He is now working on his own. I'm bugging him to actualy finish something. He has since started about 6. He quickly picked the bad habits instead of the good ones! :D

Sweet!! What paint/color is that??

It's called blue, one of the primary colors :wink:

Just kidding :D

Plastikote Lacquer Metallic blue. (No, not Duplicolor, Plastikote) Harder to find (at least here) than chicken teeth.

The comments seen here calling out the Ferrari and the Mustang in the same genre reminded me of this actual happening:

In the year 1964 when Mustang was new to the public, the editor of Road and Track magazine was driving a Ferrari as his personal vehicle. It was parked just outside the magazines office when a pedestrian saw it and gave it a "once-over". Noticing the horse on the grille work, he approached the editor and asked if him that "new Mustang" was his. A "put-down" editor polilely explained to the gentleman the meaning of life and the not so little difference between the two marques. OOOOPs

bob :shock: