Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Baldwin-Motion Camaro

Tony T

Okay, so I pulled this one out to start going on it as it is nearly done.

I started this sometime around 1991/1992, as the kit was out in 1991, and I found reference pictures in the April 1991 Motor Trend magazine! (pre-internet at my house!)

The body gave me fits, and thus it ended up back in the box. I messed up the body and bought another kit, sometime around 1993 I think.

Anyways, in the past few days I've got the body to where it is now. I'm hoping some wrinky decals will smooth out over night.

The kit is the Revell '69 Baldwin-Motion Camaro (red on the box) and was moulded in red plastic.

I filed the backside of the grille to open it up. Go slow, and it works great, but you remove a lot of material!

Wired the motor, and heater lines.

2010-06-26-69BMCamaro015.jpg

2010-06-26-69BMCamaro014.jpg

Enjoy! More to come as I try to get this one under glass!

Thanks, Peter...I'm just hoping I can get it finished - I found a few areas on the chassis and interior I would have done differently now...no changing it now, forward ho!! The decals didn't fall apart in water, which sure helped. Hopefully I can keep making positive progress!

looks good sometimes we need to leave a project and come back to it at an later date. I have a batmobile thats been waitin on me to come back to it for 15 years and now I feel like im ready to tackle that. keep up the good work and I for one am looking forward to seeing it done.

Edited by Aftashox

looks good sometimes we need to leave a project and come back to it at an later date. I have a batmobile thats been waitin on me to come back to it for 15 years and now I feel like im ready to tackle that. keep up the good work and I for one am looking forward to seeing it done.

I agree wholeheartedly on that. It can be very beneficial to put down a project that has been giving you fits for a later date. A little time and maybe some new techniques learned can make things come together. Keep it up ,the color combo looks great.

Thanks for the reinforcement, guys...I really appreciate it! It was a matter of time to get back to this one. It won't take a whole lot to get it finished.

I chose the colour based on an article in the April 1991 Motor Trend...same combo as the 1:1 in that article.

I got going on a roll at the bench on this one, and neglected to take more in progress pictures, but I did take several of the finished model!

Some things I did that I hadn't done before, keeping in mind I started this sometime around 1991 to 1993 - All firsts for a model (some I haven't done again!)- Plug wires and heater hoses, 3 'SS' badges (rear and both sides) were not included on the body of the model, so I foil cast the SS badges (kitchen foil backed with white glue), and valve stems to wheels.

The green used was Tamiya Park Green.

This is also the longest time between starting a build and finishing a build at somewhere between 18 and 19 years!! I don't honestly remember when I actually started the build, but I am guessing between 1991 and 1992, based on the article I used was in the April 1991 Motor Trends, and the Revell kit was released in 1991, and that I would have started the build then in late 1991 or early 1992.

There are a few areas I would probably do differently now, and some areas are not perfect, but it is done!

So, that is two old builds finished in June! (The other was my 2011 Trans Am, which was started in early 2008)

Anyways, I'll start a thread in 'Under Glass' with more pictures of the (finally) finished model! ;)

Here was the April 1991 MT article:

1969BaldwinMotionCamaro022.jpg

1969BaldwinMotionCamaro002.jpg

The other page of the article:

1969BaldwinMotionCamaro021.jpg

1969BaldwinMotionCamaro001.jpg

1969BaldwinMotionCamaro015.jpg