Model Cars Magazine Forum

Convertible Bug... Or kind of...

Brizio

I got this kit time ago, and the body is already painted, I think who painted used a spray can... The kit looks complete, but doesn't have instructions, and decals... :) Thanks to Highway, I have the instructions, for the decals I think is not a problem... :lol:

Soon some pics... :)

I got this kit time ago, and the body is already painted, I think who painted used a spray can... The kit looks complete, but doesn't have instructions, and decals... B) Thanks to Highway, I have the instructions, for the decals I think is not a problem... :D

Soon some pics... :D

Actually, Brizio, if it is the issue of that kit with the red car on the box like the link I posted for you for the instructions, I don't think there were any decals in that kit. I might be wrong, but to find out for sure, I have that kit and will check it in a little while. If it does have decals, and you can print your own, I would be more than happy to scan them for you. :D

Actually, Brizio, if it is the issue of that kit with the red car on the box like the link I posted for you for the instructions, I don't think there were any decals in that kit. I might be wrong, but to find out for sure, I have that kit and will check it in a little while. If it does have decals, and you can print your own, I would be more than happy to scan them for you. :D

I have the white one, and who gave to me painted it in red. But the molds are all white. B) About the decals I don't know if the kit has decals or not, probably like you said it doesen't have any. Thank you for the offer, but I have the decals from the Flower Power model kit, and I can use them. :lol:

I have the white one, and who gave to me painted it in red. But the molds are all white. :D About the decals I don't know if the kit has decals or not, probably like you said it doesen't have any. Thank you for the offer, but I have the decals from the Flower Power model kit, and I can use them. :D

I have the red one on the box, but it was molded in white, too! :D I also looked on the chassis pan, and Revell's copyright date on the one I have is 1985, but the box has a date of 1999, so it's probably safe to say the red box art issue is just a straight reissue of the one with the white car on the box.

I did check mine, and there are decals in it, but I'm sure there is nothing on the decal sheet the Flower Power decals can't cover! :D All that is on the decal sheet in the red version is two sets of front and rear license plates and a decal for the speeedometer.

I've actually always wanted to get a bug kit. Should be cool. You can always punch people when you show it to them too :D

VIRTUAL PUNCH!!!!!!

Slug bug red!! :D

Oh, I forgot, another

VIRTUAL PUNCH!!!!!!!!!

Slug bug white! :D:D:lol:

Edited by highway

I have the red one on the box, but it was molded in white, too! :D I also looked on the chassis pan, and Revell's copyright date on the one I have is 1985, but the box has a date of 1999, so it's probably safe to say the red box art issue is just a straight reissue of the one with the white car on the box.

I did check mine, and there are decals in it, but I'm sure there is nothing on the decal sheet the Flower Power decals can't cover! ;) All that is on the decal sheet in the red version is two sets of front and rear license plates and a decal for the speeedometer.

Ok, so it's the same kit... :lol: I remember the guy that gave to me said that on the bottom of the box there was a road, so you can "display" the model.

On the Flower Power (1998) decals I have, is missing the speedometer decals, the guy that had this kit use it. B) But It is not a big deal, I have other speedometer decals, or I can painted it. :lol: Plus three different license plates. A old Califonia (black/yellow), a California BUG 69 (blue/yellow) that I think to use it, and a Illinois one (beetle)... And of curse tons of flower and peace decals... :)

VIRTUAL PUNCH!!!!!!

Slug bug red!! ;)

Oh, I forgot, another

VIRTUAL PUNCH!!!!!!!!!

Slug bug white! :lol::lol::)

no punches here. Bugs are cool!

Drew

I reply without read your posts... B)

Virtual or not virtual, that commercial it's funny!!! :D:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will be a nice one when finished i had the red one was going for a custom look

then lost intrest and either gave it away or lost it

I think to build it kind of stock, and convert it in a steel top. :lol:

Yesterday I had a chance to paint the chassis, and engine. Soon some pics. :rolleyes:

I always dug how the VW Cabriolet's convertible boot looks like a huge spoiler!

oh and btw.....VIRTUAL PUNCH!!

he, he, he......punch buggy!! ;)

:D

True, looks a spoiler! Probably they did it so, for have 'better' gas/mileage... :P :P :P

Is that kit still avaliable? That's EXACTLY what I need to build a replica of my trike.

For sure you can find it at some swap meet, or on ebay. I will not use the body in this build, and probably other parts. So if you want it, let me know. B)

For sure you can find it at some swap meet, or on ebay. I will not use the body in this build, and probably other parts. So if you want it, let me know. :lol:

Thanks man, but it's all the parts you're using, that I need...the motor, transaxle, and frame...:lol:

I surely do appreciate the offer. If you run across another one though, I'd be more than happy to pick it up from you.

Meantime, guess I'll check out e-bay, see what I can find.

Good job on the build so far, can't wait to see it done. I've always had a soft spot for v-dubs.

Thanks man, but it's all the parts you're using, that I need...the motor, transaxle, and frame...:lol:

I surely do appreciate the offer. If you run across another one though, I'd be more than happy to pick it up from you.

Meantime, guess I'll check out e-bay, see what I can find.

Good job on the build so far, can't wait to see it done. I've always had a soft spot for v-dubs.

Ok, I'll keep my eye open! ;) Also I can open a topic on the clubs website I belong (sabanw.org0, or you can join it and see some NW models... :)

Check out also craiglist, sometime you find models.