Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corpsevette....(Formerly Haulin' Hearse)New photos page 3

Custom Hearse

• 3 months later...
Wow is this where the Alexander Brothers with their 1966 Ford Majic Cruiser and I S M A met one day at a car show?

I know who the Alexander bros. are, but I have never seen the the Ford Majic cruiser before. I'll have to look it up.

Had a problem with the original paint job on the "Corpsevette" so I had to start the paint job over. Instead of purple, I decided to use Dupli-color Mirage red to blue paint on it this time. Here's some update photos of it....

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

I was gonna wait about a month before I put on the glosscoat, but I got busy doing other things. I'm planning to finish it for a contest in March at my LHS. I'll post an update soon!

Hope you like it and thanks for looking!

Hi Custom.

Glad to see the 'vette is still .... uh... alive (?)!

I think this color works better than the purple. :D

Thanks Van! It was close, I had to put it on artificial respiration at one point.... :D I thought the paint would work out well too. With all the curves on it, it should look pretty cool.

Edited by Custom Hearse

O.K., here's an update.... I've been working on the interior and paint. I'm almost done with the interior, just a few small details to finish up, and I've finally glosscoated the body after letting it sit for 4 months. I'll let it sit for about a month to gas out, but I'll post some pics in a day or 2. thanks for all the compliments and encouragement everyone has given me.

• 2 months later...

Thanks Clay! I really appreciate your compliment!

Here's an up date for anyone who's wanting to know what's been happening....

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

I added some aluminum sidepipes to the Corpsevette, using some tubing I got from the LHS (I have no idea what the tube diameter is, I just used the plastic side exhaust from the kit, and matched up the plastic pipe to the same size tubing). A friend of mine loaned me his set of tube benders, and away I went. I then polished the tubing with metal polish, then sprayed a coat of lacquer clear to keep it from dulling.

• 3 weeks later...
How about some U-channel or similar, made from brass or aluminum?

I know this is gonna sound dumb Hans, but I don't understand what you mean. Here's some pics with a better explanation of what I want to do....

IMG_1640.jpg

The exhaust sticks out from the side, with nothing holding it on except for the plastic exhaust....

IMG_1638.jpg

I want to find a way to make a connector from the aluminum pipes to the cars frame....

IMG_1639.jpg

Right where that big gap is between the two....

If you can explain to me what you mean (I'm a bit slow in my old age B) ) it would sure help. Thanks

Edited by Custom Hearse

Have you tried shortening the header pipes coming off the motor to bring the side pipes in closer to the body? Or do you want the pipes that far out? If you want it out a ways, how about a piece of thin sheet plastic from the top of the frame, bring it through that gap in the frame and then bend it into a half circle that will hold the pipe up from the bottom.

Hope it makes some sense.

Rich

Have you tried shortening the header pipes coming off the motor to bring the side pipes in closer to the body? Or do you want the pipes that far out? If you want it out a ways, how about a piece of thin sheet plastic from the top of the frame, bring it through that gap in the frame and then bend it into a half circle that will hold the pipe up from the bottom.

Hope it makes some sense.

Rich

I may shorten them a little, to get a better fit, but not too much. The fenders will hide them if I bring it in too much. I like the idea of having thin strips and attaching them to the bottom. I think I would use aluminum instead of sheet plastic though. I wish I had reference pics of how the 1:1 side pipes were attached.... Thanks Rich!