Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Thunderbird Mild Custom - Completed 08/19 with a TEASER

Bernard Kron

Thanx guys. I'll have to wait 'til i put the whole thing together to decide on the pinners, but that' comin' right up! In the meantime...

I've finished up most of the major details on this project. The grill, lights, interior, and motor are all done. The grill is made from K&S brass mesh, the driving lights Lucas style units from my parts box, and the taillights are'50 Ford cut down to fit the stock buckets for a frenched look. The motor comes fully chromed in the kit. I left most of the major pieces chromed but painted the block and heads. The interior is stock with the wrap-around panel finished in matte aluminum BMF. Colors are Duplicolor Wimbledon White and Cayenne Red.

All that's left now is final assembly. Here are some workbench shots.

Thanx for lookin',

B.

DSCF2229-web.jpg

DSCF2224-web.jpg

DSCF2226-web.jpg

DSCF2227-web.jpg

DSCF2233-wb.jpg

Thanx for following along. It's all done now. I went with the white pinners, they made more sense with the overall look. Beauty shots and wrap-up in Under Glass later today! (Update - Got the pics up in Under Glass here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34503 )In the meantime here's a teaser from the March, '56 issue:

Hot-Rod-3-56-web.jpg

Edited by gbk1