Model Cars Magazine Forum

Using Future as glue to attach side chrome

I'm wondering if anyone has done this or knows if it will work. I am finishing up a build of the Entex 1936 Mercedes roadster. There are a number of very thin chrome strips that attach to the sides and trunk that have no pegs or holes to insert them into. I understand that Future can be used to attach photo etched parts and wonder if this would work in this case. I have already put Future on the body as a clear. If it will work, should I put the Future on the parts or the body?

I'm wondering if anyone has done this or knows if it will work. I am finishing up a build of the Entex 1936 Mercedes roadster. There are a number of very thin chrome strips that attach to the sides and trunk that have no pegs or holes to insert them into. I understand that Future can be used to attach photo etched parts and wonder if this would work in this case. I have already put Future on the body as a clear. If it will work, should I put the Future on the parts or the body?

Yes it will Doug......BUT future is slow drying so it works best on small stuff. white glue will work or canopy cement also. Both have more "tack" to hold parts.

Future will work, but as stated it takes a bit to dry. I use it a lot on headlights and taillights where the lense is supported fairly solidly.

White glue is good, again remember it dries slooooowly. I sometimes use Tamiya clear acrylic, it's a bit thicker from the bottle than Future, but, it will "wick" itself in and under a part just fine. When dry it is rock hard because it's PAINT!!!

What ever you do go piece by piece, side by side, and take your time.

G