Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need some tips for my first attempt at P/E

I'm going to be using Detail Master's stock disc brakes (solid rotors - no slots or drilled holes). The instructions say to leave a "tab" when cutting off the middle piece that goes between the outer rotor surfaces, but doesn't explain why. Any ideas?

Also, the instructions call say to use an epoxy for assembly. Lacking that, will super glue or any other type of glue work?

Any other tips and suggestions are welcome.

post-972-12801643469082_thumb.jpg

Monty, I would guess the tab is intended to be used as a handle?

I have assembled them without the tab - no problem. I used a dowel or tubing to align all pieces before gluing.

Super glue will work. Apply it sparingly along the outside edge.

I'm going to be using Detail Master's stock disc brakes (solid rotors - no slots or drilled holes). The instructions say to leave a "tab" when cutting off the middle piece that goes between the outer rotor surfaces, but doesn't explain why. Any ideas?

Also, the instructions call say to use an epoxy for assembly. Lacking that, will super glue or any other type of glue work?

Sharpen a dowel in a pencil sharpener and the discs will fall into place and align themselves. I used SG and that worked fine.I can see where epoxy would give some time to adjust things.