Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the one that has got me pulling chunks of hair out of my head,because it is so hard to find decent pics and other info on an h 61 Mack,so its been happening really slowly .But its getting there .Everything you see so far is all scratchbuilt,except headlight buckets. But its got a long way to go. Ideally I would like to use a 50s style chassis but dont know what, so I may have to use an R series Mack chassis for it but cant find one.The colour will be british racing green,not sure what colour for the interior yet. Take a look following My link and feel free to leave any ideas or suggestions to help me get it done.Cheers.

You sure like those older trucks. It's comming along nicely.

Sure do,they just have that no nonsense,meant for business,no bull look about them. And with all the curves etc they are challenging to build. Art on wheels!

Codie,

You should be able to get info on the Mack through the Mack museum. Contact them via email and put in a request for it. They will put you on a list and it typically takes 3-6 weeks to receive the info.

I have gotten info on several Mack models including sales literature, pics, equipment data sheets which includes measurements, available engines, chassis specs, etc.

Here is their address:

mack.museum@macktrucks.com

Codie,

You should be able to get info on the Mack through the Mack museum. Contact them via email and put in a request for it. They will put you on a list and it typically takes 3-6 weeks to receive the info.

I have gotten info on several Mack models including sales literature, pics, equipment data sheets which includes measurements, available engines, chassis specs, etc.

Here is their address:

mack.museum@macktrucks.com

Excellent! Thats a brilliant idea. I will do that and thanks for passing on their address.

• 10 months later...

Hey guys, its been a while since I have been onto the forum as I have been too busy. Anyways this one is coming along nicely now after the past few months. Its been quite a challenge as I have had to scratchbuild so many parts because I couldnt find the right stuf anywhere. I will be posting pics of its progress shortly. I am hoping somebody can tell me what colour the NH-600 Cummins was painted. All I can find is black and white pictures of those engines. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys. Take care.

Hey guys, its been a while since I have been onto the forum as I have been too busy. Anyways this one is coming along nicely now after the past few months. Its been quite a challenge as I have had to scratchbuild so many parts because I couldnt find the right stuf anywhere. I will be posting pics of its progress shortly. I am hoping somebody can tell me what colour the NH-600 Cummins was painted. All I can find is black and white pictures of those engines. Any help is appreciated, thanks guys. Take care.

Keep researchin! I'll call my dad this evening. He's been drivin, and workin on trucks for near 50 years! A real guru. He drives, so I gotta call in the evening. There is an old H model in an auction yard where I'm from, no contact info anywhere! Used to be a G model also But it's gone.

Charlie

Keep researchin! I'll call my dad this evening. He's been drivin, and workin on trucks for near 50 years! A real guru. He drives, so I gotta call in the evening. There is an old H model in an auction yard where I'm from, no contact info anywhere! Used to be a G model also But it's gone.

Charlie

Thanks, I am always lookin for info on it so Im sure Ill find out. All I have is the old black and white brochures from the Mack museum which as helpful as they are,dont list colors.

Thanks Rick,I have seen that one before and forgot about it until now, it is a bit of help.

Codie27,

Go on to Youtube and do a search under:

Cherry Picker old antique H61 duplex mack

Might be of interest, unfortunately cant get the link to copy and paster but that should give the

video.

Rick

Thanks, I am always lookin for info on it so Im sure Ill find out. All I have is the old black and white brochures from the Mack museum which as helpful as they are,dont list colors.

Codie,

Sorry I took so long to report back, and yet with empty hands. Dad has never seen an NH 600.

Charlie