Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Speedtruck

The Creative Explorer

It is finally done, it started years and years ago with a complete Dan Fink's Speedwagon kit, but over the years all the parts vanished until the fenders, rails and body was left over. From these parts I started a project, mainly scratch or modified existing parts.

I am not satisfied, but I do know that I learned a lot and considering this is my first scratch-project, i didn't think it is completely useless.

32speedtruck087.jpg

32speedtruck088.jpg

32speedtruck089.jpg

32speedtruck090.jpg

32speedtruck091.jpg

32speedtruck092.jpg

32speedtruck093.jpg

32speedtruck094.jpg

32speedtruck095.jpg

32speedtruck096.jpg

Thanks all! I was kind off afraid of the kind of reactions I might've gotten with the Chevy 283 with front-mounted charger in a Deuce. And on top of that, I altered the front end quite a bit. But your reactions are nice to receive.

@Jim (&John); A friend of mine works in a factory where they produce egg-crates. For making a egg-crate mould, they use stainless steel mesh in different perforations. I got a couple of scrap-pieces from him and use that now. But also Mr. Modeler has a nice range of mesh-material.

&John; Yes, I did made my own headers. I am not really satisfied with them, as I can't make them even enough just yet. I need to work on better consistency. I made them out of Stainless steel tubing, but I am looking for softer material, since it ruins my drills.

@Randy; You got my interest :)

@Rodney; Thanks man! it's been a long time since! I will send you a e-mail soon. So we can catch up again.

MY bad, it was MR. Model; http://www.mrmodel.com.br/catalog/index.php You can find the mesh in here.

*Edit; I can't find it there no more, nor the store that I got them from has them in stock. Sorry 'bout that. Maybe I can find it elsewhere, I keep my eyes open. Or I can start my own business in Mesh haha

Edited by Erik Olijnsma