Model Cars Magazine Forum

Questions about these two AMT kits

Let me guess, you stumbled across them at Tuesday Morning, or a similar closeout store? I grabbed both of them, as well as a Mount 'N Goat Jeep Commando at my local Tuesday Morning a while back.

The T Police Car shares quite a few parts as the AMT 25 Ford Roadster kit I got in a trade here, and an old molded-in-black chopped T body I got somewhere also appears to fit. Lots of extra parts in the T.

The Lil Mixer is a show rod. It has a 427 Cammer in it, but it doesn't look that great.

Another Tuesday Morning by my girlfriend's house also has a similar school bus show rod, Lil Yeller, AMT Ford C900 tilt cab Tractor, and four of the Lindberg 1/32 cars- 52 Chevy, 37 Chevy, 34 Ford, and 49 Ford.

I found the Lil Mixer & the 27 Model T Police Car does anybody know the history of these kits i was curious to find out. I know they recently reissued both kits. It would be a great help to find out when these kits were orignally introduced.

AMT's '27 Model T Police Car shares virtually no parts with the AMT '25 T Roadster/Coupe kits. The '27 is a Touring Car, and while many parts look the same as in the '25, it is a completely different tool.

The police car version of the AMT '27 T is the same as every other AMT '27 T, with the addition of clear plastic side curtains (to fit the raised top), plust a siren, red light, and a few small police-related bits and pieces. It saw just two releases, the first about 1966, where it was done up to cash in on the Gangbusters thing (MPC) , and the antique car kits taht Monogram was doing. Model King had a special run of the police car version produced about 7-8 years ago.

Art

AMT's '27 Model T Police Car shares virtually no parts with the AMT '25 T Roadster/Coupe kits. The '27 is a Touring Car, and while many parts look the same as in the '25, it is a completely different tool.

The police car version of the AMT '27 T is the same as every other AMT '27 T, with the addition of clear plastic side curtains (to fit the raised top), plust a siren, red light, and a few small police-related bits and pieces. It saw just two releases, the first about 1966, where it was done up to cash in on the Gangbusters thing (MPC) , and the antique car kits taht Monogram was doing. Model King had a special run of the police car version produced about 7-8 years ago.

Art

Don't forget the "My Mother The Car" version with the added pieces to make it a "Porter". For those who don't know, My Mother The Car was a short-lived mid-60s TV show and the kit I mentioned was a licensed version of the AMT 27 T touring.

Just looked at the two again, and oops, you're right.

Eric- Youre right i fact found both of those kits at Tuesday Morning thanks to my stepmom mentioning that they sold kits there so i went to check for myself and low and behold i found two kits they had three of each. For $9.99 it was too good to pass up. And i went to a car show that was in the parking lot right by Tuesday Morning what are the odds of that. Im going check again next week and see if they have some new kits since the store clerk told me that they get new kits every week.

Art

Wasn't the '27 Touring car released with Laurel & Hardy? I've got the '25 T with L&H, but there was a touring car release at the same time.

Im going check again next week and see if they have some new kits since the store clerk told me that they get new kits every week.

If they get new kits every week, someone around here is buying them up, because I don't see that much change in their inventory... I have seen a couple of Italeri armor kits, but haven't been interested enough in them to note or remember what they are. There are about four different Tuesday Morning stores around here I pop in on periodically. The one nearest my girlfriend's house seems to be farthest off the beaten path, and has the biggest model selection of the four I go to. None of the other three have had the Ford truck, or the Lindberg 1/32 cars.