Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 150 Chevy

Chas SCR

Here is build I also did just to take up the time waiting on some stuff to come in for my main project. It's the 57 Black Widow with some mild changes to it. I put chrome trim around all the windows like the Bel Air has and then added the back seat to it. Low'er the front and rear end using the stuff from the Bel Air kit. The color is Du Pont Hot Hues special mix chrom molly orange over yellow base. The yellow gives the red in the color more of a different hue number so it will pop a little more then a white base. The motor is a resin 572 bbc with cross webs. The front and rear bumpers was chrome using alsa Antiqe chrome it was more of test then any thing.

DSCF0258-vi.jpg

Dscf0318-vi.jpg

DSCF0300-vi.jpg

Dscf0319-vi.jpg

Cool! Looks good. I have a new block now for the 572 (from last year) , reworked 572 valve covers. I have a new block coming out in a few days for the 572. What trans did you use in the 57? the 572 kits come with a muncie 4 speed now, just so you know..

Did you make the headers for the 57?

Manny

It was my first time at doing a resin block and trans from the revell Vett kit. I think its the 69 Vett with the bbc.. The vavle cover are from the old pack that I still had 12 sets left. The new ones that I redid will be on the next 57 that im doing. Use the trans that came on the sb and just cut and put it on. For the exhaust yes I did the heads down as back drops and then machine up a set of glass packs for it. Has the billet oil filter and air breathers that I machine my self.

For the new valve covers I have a ton of them just not have put any on my own stuff as the projects did not call for them.