Model Cars Magazine Forum

where can I find a scale mexican blanket

This is about the only pic I have showing a blanket it process(plus some of the finished product).

Essentially, you secure a strip of masking tape with the sticky side up. Then lay down alternating colors of sewing thread in a pattern of you design; green, yellow, black & white in this case. I added a single thread of black in each green segment for some added detail. Obviously, the threads need to be kept straight and tight to one another. Then cut off the excess and you have a blanket. It's a tedious process, but not that tough. There are about 240 threads in this example.

I used mine to upholster some seat inserts rather than just laying it across the seat. It's pretty cool to stick your hand into the interior and actually feel a soft fabric seat.

IMG_7417b.jpg?psid=1

IMG_7488b.jpg?psid=1

IMG_7728b.jpg?psid=1

Have you tried the craft stores? They have a wide variety of materials available for making all types of crafts. They may not call it a Mexican blanket but that doesn't matter. Also look in some of the dollar stores, curtain and fabric stores and doll stores.

If that doesn't work, find a scale Mexican and steal his blanket..... :lol: