Model Cars Magazine Forum

59 Wagon

CHR1S619

Here's a new one. Still trying to get it finished tho.

These decals wrinkled when I cleared it.

e36db342.jpg

So, I put these on but, I haven't cleared it.

a4ebb650.jpg

I was told that this kit never came with tail lights. Mine didn't have them...

c9065b1b.jpg

I'll have more progress soon.

Thanks for looking.

Nice lookin Rambler. Use Future floor polish for a clear coat. It won't attack the decal. I think the name has changed on the Future, it's now called Pledge with Future I think. Someone else here might know the full name for it. I still have the old Future and it's lasted a long time for me. Keep up the good work. Dan

I have one of these as well, and will be building it stock. I can't decide on a color scheme, though. I'm leaning towards what around here was very common two-tone of white with green.

New England probably by proportion, had the biggest number of Rambler wagon sales. Even now, mostly as antiques, you see a good number of them.

Charlie Larkin

A model I have always wanted but never was able to get.

My Great Aunt and Uncle had one they bought brand new in Ca. and drove back to southern IL. in 1962! They drove it until around 1975 when rust finally took it's toll underneath! The outside and interior were still near perfect looking!

It was Coral Pink and White!

I did order one and some Rebel decals from a site that was selling the JoHan promos and parts. (Seville??) Sent off a money order but never got anything in the mail. When I tried to check on it the site was gone! Don't know what happened!

Edited by Johnny

Thanks for the comps, & info. I got this kit on eBay for $45. I have another body, glass, & rack that I got at NNL east. I still don't know how I'll build it tho. It's crazy on howany ways you can build this kit.

Here's a cool pic I found of it from the NNL here in San Diego.

7ccb894f.jpg