Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the lowest price you paid

The other day I took time from my bench to make a travel tool kit for any possable repairs prior to a show. In digging around for what I wanted in it. Ihave an old Machinest chest as my main work box .on opening one of the draws I very rarely go into I came across an old xacto knife new and in the tube it still had the price tag on it for .65 cents.Now my question is what is lowest price of a modeling tool you have paid other then free.

This one is kinda tough. Tool wise and plastic wise thats not free I'd have to lay around .50 cents to a buck. Both for little over looked things like Harry pointed out like Q-tips and sanding strips that I get and plastic wise at the big swapmeets I can usually score bags of parts or bodies for the same price.

A couple years ago I sold a model box for 15 bucks on ebay. It was for a 65 Corvair Monza and the price sticker from Schmaltz 5&10 that was still on it was .79 cents!

A few years back my wife accidently threw away my dried up tube of glue for balsa wood planes . It had a sticker for .10 cents!

My sister has a bunch of glass fishbowl containers from an old Mom and Pop store that we went to as a kid that closed up years ago. The grandkids of the owners had a sale before they tore down the building!

Each is labled with the type of candy or gum ball it held and 1 cent each printed on it on it! 30 of them!!! and I bought candy or gum out of every one of them!!!:lol:

Jeweler's saw blades, #3 fine (something like 100-120 teeth per inch) 12 per package for a dime a package. I bought many. It was one of those close out sales in an art supply store that only comes around once in a lifetime.

When Walmart was getting rid of their models and model supplies, I picked up a few of the Testors packaged #11 X Acto blades for 10 for a $1.00.

Of course, even though this is slightly off the topic, I have picked up many kits for the can't beat price of .20 to .25 cents! If you couldn't guess it, that was the price of the ticket at the show kit raffles. :) I did also get a couple of Xuron sprue cutters and a nice set of paint brushes thanks to kit raffles, too.