Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need info and some parts.

Thanks for that link, but I did not find the T Bar set up.I guess I can send him an e mail. Might not have it on the site for yet.

lol yeah he is a lil behind on updating his site, but i know for a fact that he does have them.i guess he's to busy casting away to play on the computor, lol. he has a set on ebay right now but you get them cheeper if you buy direct from him.

dennis

I checked SK an they don't have the T Bar set up either, but I did find a nice metal 1/25 steerable axle. Says it's for heavy resin use, but I would not mind a steerable axle.

http://sourkrautsmodeltrucks.com/?page_id=3&category=47

Another question. What transmission. The AMT has that two stick aux trans set up. I know that was not in the MO trucks. Guess I need to find that Revell Germany kit and start over. lol

Another question. What transmission. The AMT has that two stick aux trans set up. I know that was not in the MO trucks. Guess I need to find that Revell Germany kit and start over. lol

Well, not exactly. I don't know if anyone has a spare in the parts box, but the AMT Alaskan Hauler Kenworth had both the two stick and a regular one stick 13 or 15 speed (not sure offhand without looking), and that kit is more or less the same kit as the Movin On kit. I think a few other AMT kits also had the same Cummins as the Kenworth, but also with the regular transmission and not the two sticker.

Well, not exactly. I don't know if anyone has a spare in the parts box, but the AMT Alaskan Hauler Kenworth had both the two stick and a regular one stick 13 or 15 speed (not sure offhand without looking), and that kit is more or less the same kit as the Movin On kit. I think a few other AMT kits also had the same Cummins as the Kenworth, but also with the regular transmission and not the two sticker.

cowboysevens offeredsup a battery box and a trans, but I did not know what version it should come with. He had both a 10 and 13 spd. I told him I would post the question on here and see if you guys knew what came in it. Everybody has been a big help in pointing me in the right directions so I can make this accurate as possible.

The transmission in the AMT Alaskan Hauler KW is a Spicer 15 speed married main and auxillary (The auxillary is an air shift). Its not the same as an Eaton 12513 13 speed. The transmission in the AMT Pete T500 is an Eaton 13 speed (I think, probably best check with Tim) and the Autocar A64B is a 12515 15 speed Eaton/Fuller. I don't know what the transmission was in the MO trucks so cannot comment.

The torsion bar suspension is a great idea. The Germans used it extensively in their tanks in the second war. Jaguar also used it on the XKE models with good effect. Check my photo albums for details of the set up.

http://public.fotki.com/oldalbion/aths-convention-08-/trucksatathsconvent-33.html

Hope this helps.

Dave

The transmission in the AMT Alaskan Hauler KW is a Spicer 15 speed married main and auxillary (The auxillary is an air shift). Its not the same as an Eaton 12513 13 speed. The transmission in the AMT Pete T500 is an Eaton 13 speed (I think, probably best check with Tim) and the Autocar A64B is a 12515 15 speed Eaton/Fuller. I don't know what the transmission was in the MO trucks so cannot comment.

The torsion bar suspension is a great idea. The Germans used it extensively in their tanks in the second war. Jaguar also used it on the XKE models with good effect. Check my photo albums for details of the set up.

http://public.fotki.com/oldalbion/aths-convention-08-/trucksatathsconvent-33.html

Hope this helps.

Dave

Thanks. I googled for 20 mins or so and could not find a pic of the t bar set up.

Thanks. That's the same guy at this other site. I sent Eric an e mail and he got back to me. I'll probably send out and order for them next Monday on my way home from work. He even said he would try to find and instruction sheet for them and send me a copy.

I got a couple pics now, but I sure would like to find some more pics with even more detail on the mounting points on the frame and axle. Wonder if they require any extra locating bars to the frame or not?

Thanks. That's the same guy at this other site. I sent Eric an e mail and he got back to me. I'll probably send out and order for them next Monday on my way home from work. He even said he would try to find and instruction sheet for them and send me a copy.

I got a couple pics now, but I sure would like to find some more pics with even more detail on the mounting points on the frame and axle. Wonder if they require any extra locating bars to the frame or not?

yup i knew that was eric just figured if he was to busy to get back with you in time you could get them off the evilbay, lol. youll like his parts he does good work. ive got a couple old kw coe, ill check and see if theve got the walking beam suspension. if so ill send you pics of instructions

dennis

yup i knew that was eric just figured if he was to busy to get back with you in time you could get them off the evilbay, lol. youll like his parts he does good work. ive got a couple old kw coe, ill check and see if theve got the walking beam suspension. if so ill send you pics of instructions

dennis

Thanks. That would be really helpful if you can find some instructions. I can probably wing it after I get everything in hand, but I am just not familiar with this type of suspension set up.

• 7 years later...
On 9/30/2010 at 8:20 AM, dwc43 said:

OK, I just acquired a 1/25 AMT KW to do the truck from the TV show "Movin' On" .......... If anyone has built one and wants to offer pics or suggestions I am all ears. I tend to learn something new on here all the time. .......

Thanks for any help or comments on this new project in advance.

I'd bookmarked this old thread for its info on such a project - have you seen the growing accumulation of helpful build details in this current thread?

Edited by Russell C

On 6/11/2018 at 11:41 PM, Russell C said:

I'd bookmarked this old thread for its info on such a project - have you seen the growing accumulation of helpful build details in this current thread?

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.