Model Cars Magazine Forum

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

vizio93

Here is the Revell 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. I'm not really into tuners alot but I thought I would give this one a try. I have added a body kit to it with some sheet plastic. I need to buy some putty to make the fender flares look good. I am aiming for a DTM/GT3/drifter look for it, but we'll see how it comes out. I will be keeping the turbocharged 4 cyl. in it. I haven't found any wheels I like yet for it but I am keeping an eye out for something. Any way here are some pics:

000_0004.jpg

000_0001.jpg

000_0002.jpg

000_0003.jpg

Anyway tell me what you think about it, Thanks !!! B)

Edited by vizio93

Thanks for the kind words everybody !!! I will hopefully be adding more to the body kit so stay tuned for more updates. :D

this will be interesting considering it's a FWD lol. I like the wide body kit addition though, this looks like it will be a pretty cool build :D

Actually the GSX model is all-wheel drive. I will be adding a carbon fiber driveshaft to it :D

Thanks for the kind words everybody !!! I will hopefully be adding more to the body kit so stay tuned for more updates. :D

Actually the GSX model is all-wheel drive. I will be adding a carbon fiber driveshaft to it :D

lol and drifters are usually RWD ;) ...... let there be crank walk!

crankwalk.jpg

This car isn't going to be a drifter it is just going to have the look of one, (the body kit, the roof scoop, the large spoiler, ect...) Thanks for the pictures Donnie !!! I like the color scheme on those cars , and now I think I've found my colors for this Eclipse. :D

'32 Ford hood? :D

i believe the drift cars that Donnie posted have been converted to rear wheel drive only, but were AWD originally. either way if there is any doubt that an AWD car isn't really "driftable" look up the Ken Block Ford video on Youtube.

keep us posted! i'm not really into the widebody thing but there are a few who have pulled it off like FordSixty that make it wicked cool.

Dave

Thanks man, How did ya know that I used a 32 Ford sedan hood for the side vents ? Wow that was a really good guess !!! :D

Really????

Subaru WRX STI Drift Car

kazuhiro-tanaka-subaru-impreza-gdb.jpg

Mitsubishi Evolution Drift Car

Evo.jpg

There are more AWD cars drifting professionally than RWD cars

Nice Looking build, I can't wait to see more of it.

yeah but they remove the front transfer, to just use the rwd, and theres a scion TC with a nascar engine drifting you can see it in you tube

yup, the guys of yukes are converted to RWD along with that scion mentioned, converted. it's not that you can't drift with an AWD, it's if the drive train can take the beating. ken blocks STI was built to take that beating or else the center diff would have been all over the floor with the HP it's throwing at it.

anyways, back to this build. digging the body kit add ons. never like the fish mouth bomex bumper that this came with. some of the aoshima 18" wheels would look good on this 1/25 scale kit. it'll probably look like 19" wheels maybe 20". well have fun with it.