Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Goodguys 40 Ford coupe

Jantrix

After beating myself up with crappy kits for a box stock entry, I've decided to do a decent kit to help keep me from the loony bin.

40ford1003.jpg

40ford1004.jpg

tires004.jpg

005.jpg

The chassis is Testors One Shot Inca Gold. The body will be Duplicolor Mirage 'Ice' over a black basecoat. The kit is excellent. The only issue I have is the ejector pin marks ON EVERY BLOODY PART!!!!! ;) NOT KIDDING!!!! But I'm dealing with it. *deep breath* ;)

More soon.

Rob, how many coats of the Ice did you spray, that looks 1000 times better than any other time I've seen it used. It usually ends up being a freaky "Bass Boat" silver, but yours looks killer!

Not that many to be honest. Since it was a spoon, I just did one mist coat and then a couple wet coats about 5 mins apart and then the clear 15 mins after that. Tell the truth, I dont see a lot of color shift in this one. I mostly getting a dark metallic color but the metal flakes are many differnet colors. I tried this over silver laquer and didn't get a very good effect. No idea why they call this stuff Ice, when it's so dark.

Yeah, I've used it, and can honestly say that it's the worst of the Dupli-Color Mirage line by far. It really isn't a color-shifting paint compared to the others at all, more of a big iridescent metal-flake than anything else. But like i said, what you did looks better than any other time I've seen it used, take that spoon out in the sun and see how it looks, I'll bet you'll like the results.