Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevelle Longroof

miatamadman

I started this one a few years ago and lost interest in it....until now. Basically all I got done was the body. It took a bit of searching to find all the missing parts. But now we're back in business! So far, Ive gotten the interior almost complete, which now sports a late 90's dash and custom door panels. The old wheels and tires were swapped for some good old big and little Pegasus rims and the engine has been dropped in place.

IMG_4075-vi.jpg

IMG_4073-vi.jpg

On a strictly personal opinion, I find the cowl hoods to be done to death. I'd like to see maybe some 67 Chevelle vents on that hood or something else maybe.

As for the model as it sits. One word -AWESOME. I really like it. Makes me want to dig mine out and dig in.

Funny you should mention the vents on the hood. If you look closely, leaning up against the back wall is a cowl induction hood with the Chevelle vents. The resin hood on the car now is just temporary. Stay tuned for the progress and you'll be seeing that custom hood shortly

This is the hood that I will be using.

IMG_1215-vi.jpg

Edited by miatamadman

Today I got the new hood painted. Tomorrow, I have to strip it. For some unknown reason, the paint crinkled. Oh well. One step forward two steps back.

Here it is mocked up with the grill and bumper in place. I also need to do some searching for the other chrome hood vent insert. But if someone has one in their parts box let me know.

IMG_4085-vi.jpg

Also, I got the exhaust installed with it tucked into the roll pan

IMG_4086-vi.jpg

Today, I rolled the wagon back into the body shop for a few new modifications, mainly to the front bumper. I really wasn't to happy with the fit, so out it goes. I got another bumper and narrowed it and carried the side skirting from the fender into the bumper. Once the primer dries, I'll shoot some new paint onto it tomorrow. I'm still having problems with the modified hood so I think I'm going to try something a little different this time.............stay tuned!