Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Charger

Mopar - D

I have this kit on the bench right now. I am going with the drag version though. I love the red on red color. I have tried to do red interior a couple of times - never seams to look right on mine. nice job! P.S. have any tips on this kit that I need to look out for? Thanks

John

Edited by coolplastic

John, The kit went together with out any problems. I washed the paint off 2 times to get the color that I liked. I tried purple but didn't like it then the red with out primer it was to light so then 3rd time primer/ red /clear coat . The interior is the same inferno red with out the primer and a satin clear coat. I used the Mopar Allpar.com site to help with the details.

Lee, Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure what Black wash is . I used a black .05 ink pen to not have to much black show as from the real car pictures I used they did not have very much black. I am working my way up to wiring engines back in the seventy's when I was building I would wire using the wax thread. I did find the BMF a lot easier than the old foil that the Jo-hana kits came with. I just didn't think about the tires. Again thanks for the comments.